Does Anyone Really Need MicroPayments?
- Nicko van SomerenAffiliated withCTO, nCipher Plc.
- , Andrew OdlyzkoAffiliated withUniversity of Minnesota
- , Ron RivestAffiliated withFounder, PepperCoin Inc.
- , Tim JonesAffiliated withFounder, Mondex Plc.
- , Duncan Goldie-ScotAffiliated withEditor, E-Finance Magazine
Many cryptographers have tried to develop special technology for transferring tiny amounts of value; the theory being that the computational and/or administrative costs of other payment schemes render them unsuitable for small value transactions. In this panel we discussed two major questions: firstly are the existing systems really not useful for small values and secondly might other models such as flat rate or subscription systems be more suitable anyway, and be possible without the need for small payments?
- Does Anyone Really Need MicroPayments?
- Book Title
- Financial Cryptography
- Book Subtitle
- 7th International Conference, FC 2003, Guadeloupe, French West Indies, January 27-30, 2003. Revised Papers
- pp 69-76
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 4. Department of Computer Science and DIMACS, Rutgers University
- Author Affiliations
- 5. CTO, nCipher Plc., USA
- 6. University of Minnesota, USA
- 7. Founder, PepperCoin Inc., USA
- 8. Founder, Mondex Plc., USA
- 9. Editor, E-Finance Magazine, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.