Photo(chemo)therapy for Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma
- Herbert HönigsmannAffiliated withDermatologische Klinik Abt. Spezielle Dermatologie, Universitätsklinikum Wien Email author
- , Adrian TanewAffiliated withDepartment of Dermatology, Division of Special & Environmental Dermatology, Medical University of Vienna
› Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (CTCL) encompasses a heterogeneous group of non-Hodgkin lymphomas that present primarily in skin.
› Because of clinical heterogeneity, treatment options for CTCL are also diverse, and treatment with more than one modality is common.
› Many patients with CTCL present with disease limited to the skin, providing ideal circumstances for the use of any one of several types of phototherapy, with or without additional therapies.
› Three phototherapies have been employed to treat CTCL with considerable success: (1) conventional broad-spectrum UVB irradiation, (2) UVA irradiation in combination with a systemically administered photosensitizing drug, such as 8-methoxypsoralen, and (3) UVA irradiation in combination with a topically administered photosensitizing drug.
› Successful phototherapy of patients with CTCL may lead to long-term remission and potentially even a cure.
- Photo(chemo)therapy for Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma
- Book Title
- Dermatological Phototherapy and Photodiagnostic Methods
- Book Part
- pp 135-149
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Dermatologische Klinik, Abt. Spezielle Dermatologie, Universitätsklinikum Wien
- 2. Department of Dermatology, University of Alabama, Birmingham
- 3. Institut für Umweltmedizinische Forschung (IUF) gGmbH, Universität Düsseldorf
- Author Affiliations
- 4. Dermatologische Klinik Abt. Spezielle Dermatologie, Universitätsklinikum Wien, Währinger Gürtel 18–20, 1090, Wien, Austria
- 5. Department of Dermatology, Division of Special & Environmental Dermatology, Medical University of Vienna, 1090, Vienna, Austria
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.