Transformation-Based Information Extraction Using Learned Meta-rules
- Un Yong NahmAffiliated withAsk Jeeves, Inc.
Information extraction (IE) is a form of shallow text understanding that locates specific pieces of data in natural language documents. Although automated IE systems began to be developed using machine learning techniques recently, the performances of those IE systems still need to be improved. This paper describes an information extraction system based on transformation-based learning, which uses learned meta-rules on patterns for slots. We plan to empirically show these techniques improve the performance of the underlying information extraction system by running experiments on a corpus of IT resumé documents collected from Internet newsgroups.
- Transformation-Based Information Extraction Using Learned Meta-rules
- Book Title
- Computational Linguistics and Intelligent Text Processing
- Book Subtitle
- 6th International Conference, CICLing 2005, Mexico City, Mexico, February 13-19, 2005. Proceedings
- pp 535-538
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.