A Methodology for the Derivation and Verification of Use Cases for Product Lines
- A. FantechiAffiliated withDipartimento di Sistemi e Informatica, Università di Firenze
- , S. GnesiAffiliated withIstituto di Scienze e Tecnologie dell’Informazione “A.Faedo”, C.N.R.
- , G. LamiAffiliated withIstituto di Scienze e Tecnologie dell’Informazione “A.Faedo”, C.N.R.
- , E. NestiAffiliated withDipartimento di Sistemi e Informatica, Università di Firenze
In this paper, we present a methodology to express, in a formal way, the requirements of products belonging to a product line. We relied on a formalism allowing the representation of variabilities at the family level and the instantiation of them in order to move to the requirements of a single product. The proposed methodology also allows the formalization of the family constraints to be taken into account for the construction of the products belonging to it, along with the verification of the compliance to those constraints of a single product requirements document. This approach is promising due to its simplicity and effectiveness for being supported by automatic tools.
- A Methodology for the Derivation and Verification of Use Cases for Product Lines
- Book Title
- Software Product Lines
- Book Subtitle
- Third International Conference, SPLC 2004, Boston, MA, USA, August 30-September 2, 2004. Proceedings
- pp 255-265
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Robert L. Nord (16)
- Editor Affiliations
- 16. Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
- Author Affiliations
- 17. Dipartimento di Sistemi e Informatica, Università di Firenze, Italy
- 18. Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie dell’Informazione “A.Faedo”, C.N.R., Pisa, Italy
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.