Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The diagnosis of ureteropelvic junction obstruction (UPJO) implies functionally significant impairment of urinary transport from the renal pelvis to the ureter. Although most cases are probably congenital in origin, the problem may not become clinically apparent until much later in life. This chapter is limited to a discussion of the treatment of congenital UPJO, although at times these techniques may be applied appropriately to the management of some related acquired conditions.
- Anderson JC, Hynes W. Retrocaval ureter: a case diagnosed preoperatively and treated successfully by a plastic operation. Br J Uro1 21:209, 1949.
- Badlani G, Eshghi M, Smith AD. Percutaneous surgery for ureteropelvic junction obstruction (endopyelotomy): technique and early results: J Uro1 135:26, 1986.
- Das S, Amar AD. Ureteropelvic junction obstruction with associated renal anomalies. J Urol 131:872, 1984.
- Streem SB, Franke J, Smith J. Management of upper urinary tract obstruction. In Campbell’s Urology, 8th ed. (Walsh PC, Wein AJ, Vaughan ED Jr., Retik AB, eds). WB Saunders, Philadelphia, 2002.
- Gerber GS, Lyon ES. Endopyelotomy: patient selection, results, and complications. Urology 43:1, 1994. CrossRef
- Inglis JA, Tolley DA. Ureteroscopic pyelolysis for pelviureteric junction obstruction. Br JUro1 58:250, 1986.
- Kumon H, Tsugawa M, Hashimoto H, et al. Impact of 3-dimensional helical computerized tomography on selection of operative methods for ureteropelvic junction obstruction. J Urol 158:1696, 1997. CrossRef
- Matin SF, Yost A, Streem, SB. Ureteroscopic laser endopyelotomy: a 12 year single center experience. J Endourol, in press.
- Motola JA, Badlani GH, Smith AD. Results of 212 consecutive endopyelotomies: an 8-year follow-up. JUro1 149:453,1993.
- Ramsay JW, Miller RA, Kellett MJ, et al. Percutaneous pyelolysis: indications, complications and results. Br JUrol 56:586, 1984. CrossRef
- Ransley PG, Dhillon HK, Gordon I, et al. The postnatal management of hydronephrosis diagnosed by prenatal ultrasound. JUrol 144:584, 1990.
- Ross JH, Streem SB, Novick AC, et al. Ureterocalicostomy for reconstruction of complicated pelviureteric junction obstruction. Br JUro1 65:322,1990.
- Sampaio FJB. Vascular anatomy at the ureteropelvic junction. Urol Clin North Am 25:251, 1998. CrossRef
- Savage SJ, Streem SB. Simplified approach to percutaneous endopyelotomy. Urology 56:848, 2000. CrossRef
- Stephens FD. Ureterovascular hydronephrosis and the "e;aberrant"e; renal vessels. J Urol 128:984, 1982.
- Van Cangh, PI, Wilmart JF, Opsomer RJ, et al. Long-term results and late recurrence after endoureteropyelotomy: a critical analysis of prognostic factors. JUro1 151:934, 1994.
- Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction
- Book Title
- Operative Urology at the Cleveland Clinic
- Book Part
- pp 161-175
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Humana Press
- Copyright Holder
- Humana Press Inc.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Author Affiliations
- 2. Section of Stone Disease and Endourology, Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- 3. Section of Pediatric Urology, The Children’s Hospital at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.