Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction
- Stevan B. StreemAffiliated withSection of Stone Disease and Endourology, Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- , Jonathan H. RossAffiliated withSection of Pediatric Urology, The Children’s Hospital at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation
The diagnosis of ureteropelvic junction obstruction (UPJO) implies functionally significant impairment of urinary transport from the renal pelvis to the ureter. Although most cases are probably congenital in origin, the problem may not become clinically apparent until much later in life. This chapter is limited to a discussion of the treatment of congenital UPJO, although at times these techniques may be applied appropriately to the management of some related acquired conditions.
- Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction
- Book Title
- Operative Urology at the Cleveland Clinic
- Book Part
- pp 161-175
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Humana Press
- Copyright Holder
- Humana Press Inc.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Author Affiliations
- 2. Section of Stone Disease and Endourology, Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- 3. Section of Pediatric Urology, The Children’s Hospital at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.