Positive-Energy Representations of the Group of Diffeomorphisms of the Circle
Let D be the group of orientation-preserving diffeomorphisms of the circle S1. Then D is Fréchet Lie group with Lie algebra (d∞)ℝ the smooth real vector fields on S1. Let dℝ be the subalgebra of real vector fields with finite Fourier series. This lecture outlines a proof that every infinitesimally unitary projective positive-energy representation of dℝ integrates to a continuous projective unitary representation of D. This result was conjectured by V. Kac.
- Goodman, R., and Wallach, N. R., Structure and unitary cocycle representations of loop groups and the group of diffeomorphisms of the circle, J. fur reine und angewandte Math. (Crelles J.), Vol. 347(1984), 69–133.
- Goodman, R., and Wallach, N. R., Projective Unitary Positive-Energy Representations of Diff(S1), J. Functional Analysis (to appear).
- Kac, V. G., Highest weight representations of infinite dimensional Lie algebras. Proceedings of ICM, Helsinki(1978), 299-304.
- Kac, V. G., Some problems on infinite-dimensional Lie algebras and their representations, in “Lie Algebras and Related Topics.” Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 933, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York: Springer 1982.
- Nelson, E., Time-ordered operator products of sharp-time quadratic forms, J. Functional Analysis 11(1972), 211–219. CrossRef
- Segal, G., Unitary representations of some infinite dimensional groups, Commun. Math. Phys. 80(1981), 301–342. CrossRef
- Positive-Energy Representations of the Group of Diffeomorphisms of the Circle
- Book Title
- Infinite Dimensional Groups with Applications
- pp 125-135
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Mathematical Sciences Research Institute Publications
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.