Social Translucence: Using Minimalist Visualisations of Social Activity to Support Collective Interaction
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
As humans, we are fundamentally social creatures. From birth we orient to other people, and as we develop we acquire abilities for interacting with one another, ranging from expression and gesture through spoken and written language. As adults we are exquisitely sensitive to the actions and interactions of those around us. Every day we make countless decisions that are shaped by our social context. Whether it is wrapping up a talk when the audience starts fidgeting, or deciding to forgo the grocery shopping because the parking lot is jammed, social information provides a basis for inferences, planning and coordinating activity.
- Social Translucence: Using Minimalist Visualisations of Social Activity to Support Collective Interaction
- Book Title
- Designing Information Spaces: The Social Navigation Approach
- Book Part
- Part I
- pp 17-41
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Computer Supported Cooperative Work
- Series ISSN
- Springer London
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag London Limited
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.