Basic Nordic Sleep Questionnaire (BNSQ)
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A standardized questionnaire to assess a variety of sleep complaints, the BNSQ consists of 27 items in 21 different questions and queries a wide range of sleep complaints, including difficulties initiating and maintaining sleep, subjective sleep quality, the use of medication to induce sleep, excessive daytime sleepiness, napping, snoring, and general sleep habits .
- Partinen, M., & Gislason, T. (1995). Basic Nordic sleep questionnaire (BNSQ): a quantitated measure of subjective sleep complaints. Journal of Sleep Research, 4(S1), 150–155. CrossRef
- Janson, C., De Backer, W., Gislason, T., Plaschke, P., Bjornsson, E., Hetta, J., Kristbjarnarson, H., Vermeire, P., & Boman, G. (1996). Increased prevalence of sleep disturbances and daytime sleepiness in subjects with bronchial asthma: a population study of young adults in three European countries. European Respiratory Journal, 9, 2132–2138. CrossRef
- Sarti, C. D., Chiantera, A., Graziottin, A., Ognisanti, F., Sidoli, C., Mincigrucci, M., & Parazzini, F. (2005). Hormone therapy and sleep quality in women around menopause. Menopause, 12(5), 545–551. CrossRef
- Durán, J., Esnaola, S., Rubio, R., & Iztueta, Á. (2001). Obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea and related clinical features in a population-based sample of subjects aged 30 to 70 yr. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 163(3), 685–689.
- Budh, C. N., Hultling, C., & Lundeberg, T. (2005). Quality of sleep in individuals with spinal cord injury: a comparison between patients with and without pain. Spinal Cord, 43, 85–95. CrossRef
- Basic Nordic Sleep Questionnaire (BNSQ)
- Book Title
- STOP, THAT and One Hundred Other Sleep Scales
- pp 55-58
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- ID1. University of Toronto, Psychiatry, Youthdale Child and Adolescent Sleep Cen
- ID2. Youthdale Child and Adolescent Sleep Cen, University of Toronto
- ID3. The Youthdale Child and Adolescent Sleep, University of Toronto
- ID4. , Department of Psychiatry, The Youthdale Child and Adolescent Sleep
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Toronto The Youthdale Child and Adolescent Sleep Centre, 227 Victoria Street, M5B 1T8, Toronto, Canada
- 2. University of Toronto The Youthdale Child and Adolescent Sleep Centre, 227 Victoria Street, Toronto, Canada
- 3. Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto The Youthdale Child and Adolescent Sleep Centre, 227 Victoria Street, M5B 1T8, Toronto, Canada
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.