FinFET SRAM Design
We present a comprehensive review of finFET devices taking into consideration different levels of interest ranging from the physics of FinFET devices, design considertaions, and applications to memory design and statistics.
We start with fundamental equations that describe the advantages of finFETs in terms of leakage reduction and ON current improvement compared to planar devices. Following this, we look at variability aspects of finFETs such as quantization (L, W, Vt) from a memory design perspective. We then lay the foundation for SRAM yield optimization in terms of cell dynamic behaviour and study different cell designs that leverage the finFET device structure. We also apply statistical methodology to evaluate the finFET variability.
- FinFET SRAM Design
- Book Title
- Nanoelectronic Circuit Design
- pp 55-95
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- double gate
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- ID1. Dept. Electrical Engineering, Princeton University
- ID2. Dept. Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Author Affiliations
- 1. IBM, Thomas J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.