Origin of the Saturn System
- Torrence V. JohnsonAffiliated withJet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology Email author
- , Paul R. EstradaAffiliated withCarl Sagan Center, SETI Institute
Cassini mission results are providing new insights into the origin of the Saturn system and giant planet satellite systems generally. The chapter discusses current models for the formation of giant planets and their satellites and reviews major Cassini findings which help advance our understanding of the system's formation and evolution to its current state.
- Origin of the Saturn System
- Book Title
- Saturn from Cassini-Huygens
- pp 55-74
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Imperial College, The Blackett Laboratory
- 2. University of Colorado
- 3. Applied Physics Lab, Johns Hopkins University
- 4. Center for Space Research and Technology, Academy of Athens
- Author Affiliations
- 5. Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology, MS 301-345E, 4800 Oak Grove Dr, Pasadena, CA, 91109
- 6. Carl Sagan Center, SETI Institute, 515 N. Whisman Rd, Mountain View, CA, 94043
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.