A Fuzzy Scheduling Algorithm Based on Highest Response Ratio Next Algorithm
- Ali MoallemiAffiliated withDepartment of Mathematics and Statistics Faculty of Science, Gorgan University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- , Mohsen AsgharilarimiAffiliated withDepartment of Mathematics and Statistics Faculty of Science, Gorgan University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
The field of fuzzy systems and control has been making rapid progress in recent years. Fuzzy logic in a wider sense is a nonlinear mapping from the inputs to the output of the system. It has a variety of applications. In this paper, we have applied it for process scheduling. We propose a fuzzy logic process scheduler in CPU, which uses the idea of HRN (Highest Response Ratio Next) scheduling algorithm as its method of inference and decides based on this manner. Because of the approximate nature of the Service Time of processes, a fuzzy logic algorithm would help us set priorities to processes in a more appropriate and fair manner. At the end, we compare our work with the existing conventional process scheduling algorithms and give the comparison graphs for our evaluation. Our algorithm has precise priority values and does not need any other scheduling algorithm concurrently. It also has a better evaluation output compared with other existing algorithms.
- A Fuzzy Scheduling Algorithm Based on Highest Response Ratio Next Algorithm
- Book Title
- Innovations and Advanced Techniques in Systems, Computing Sciences and Software Engineering
- pp 75-80
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Khaled Elleithy (1)
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. University of Bridgeport, School of Engineering
- Author Affiliations
- 2. Department of Mathematics and Statistics Faculty of Science, Gorgan University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Gorgan, Iran
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.