Radiation and Hydro-Chemical Investigation and Monitoring of Transboundary Rivers of Kazakhstan
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The present paper discusses the general state of the aqueous resources of Kazakhstan and provides an overview of the factors influencing the state of the environment in the catchment areas of the four main transboundary rivers in Kazakhstan (the Ural, the Syrdariya, the Ile and the Irtysh rivers). In addition, it is proposed to put up a programme aiming to monitor the contamination of these river systems using nuclear analytical methods. In view of the activity arrangements, experience gained from the implementation of the international project “Navruz” is assumed to be used. The “Navruz” project was devoted to ecological survey and creation of the monitoring system for main rivers of the Central Asia – the Syrdariya River and the Amudariya River – over the lands of Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Kazakhstan.
- Martino, L., Carisson, A., Rampolla, G., Kadyrzhanova, I., Svedberg, P., Denisov, N., Novikov, V., Rekacewicz, Ph., Simonett, O., Skaalvik, J.F., Pietro, D., Rizzolio D. and Palosaari, M. (2005) Environment and Security. Transformation Risks into Cooperation. UNEP, UNDP, OSCE, NATO. ISBN: 82-7701-035-4.
- Yuldashev, B.S., Salikhbaev, U.S., Kist, A.A., Radyuk, R.I., Barber, D.S., Passell, H.D., Betsill, J.D., Matthews, R., Vdovina, E.D., Zhuk, L.I., Solodukhin, V.P., Poznyak, V.L., Vasiliev, I.A., Alekhina, V.M. and Djuraev, A.A. (2005) Radioecological monitoring of transboundary rivers of the Central Asian region. Radionuclide contamination in the Syr Darya river basin of Kazakhstan; Results of the Navruz Project. Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 263(1): 219-228. CrossRef
- Kadyrzhanov, K.K., Barber, D.S., Solodukhin, V.P., Poznyak, V.L., Kazachevskiy, I.V., Knyazev, B.B., Lukashenko, S.N., Khazhekber, S., Betsill, J.D. and Passell, H.D. (2005) Radionuclide contamination in the Syr Darya river basin of Kazakhstan; Results of the Navruz Project. Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 263(1): 197-205. CrossRef
- Solodukhin, V.P., Poznyak, V.L., Kazachevskyi, I.V., Knyazev, B.B., Lukashenko, S.N. and Khazhekber, S. (2004) Some peculiarities of the contamination with radionuclides and toxic elements of the Syrdarya river basin, Kazakhstan. Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 259(2): 245-250. CrossRef
- Passell, H.D., Barber, D.S., Kadyrzhanov, K.K., Solodukhin, V.P., Chernykh, E.E., Arutyunyan, R.V., Valyaev, A.N., Kadik, A.A., Stepanetts, O.V., Vernadsky, V.I., Alizade, A.A., Guliev, I.S., Mamedov, R.F., Nadareishvili, K.S., Chkhartishvili, A.G., Tsitskishvili, M.S., Chubaryan, E.V., Gevorgyan, R.G. and Puskyulyan, K.I. (2005) The international project of radiation and hydrochemical investigation and monitoring of general Caspian rivers. 5th International Conference “Nuclear and Radiation Physics”, Vol 1, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 2006, 69-76.
- Radiation and Hydro-Chemical Investigation and Monitoring of Transboundary Rivers of Kazakhstan
- Book Title
- Nuclear Risks in Central Asia
- pp 35-39
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- NATO Science for Peace and Security Series Series C: Environmental Security
- Series ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- transboundary rivers
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Norwegian University of Life Sciences
- Author Affiliations
- 2. Institute of Nuclear Physics NNC RK, 050032, Almaty, Kazakhstan
- 3. Sandia National Laboratories, 87185-1373, Albuquerque, NM, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.