Nanotechnology Risk Governance
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The ‘White Paper on Nanotechnology Risk Governance’ is the product of a collaborate effort for which input was provided on two initial workshops in May 2005 and January 2006 and which was advised by the IRGC's Nanotechnology Working Group and a number of external experts. In addition, the results of four stakeholder surveys undertaken as part of the project in the second half of 2005 are incorporated The surveys were concerned with the role of governments, industry, research organisations and NGOs and have been published as separate volumes on the IRGC website http://www.irgc.org/irgc/projects/nanotechnology/. On the same page, the full White Paper can be downloaded as well.
- Agriculture and Environment Biotechnology Commission (AEBC), 2001, Crops on Trial, AEBC, London.
- Grove-White, R., Macnaghten, P. and Wynne, B., 2000, Wising up: The Public and New Technology, CSEC, Lancaster.
- International Risk Governance Council (IRGC), 2005, White Paper on Risk Governance, IRGC, Geneva.
- International Risk Governance Council (IRGC), 2006, White Paper on Nanotechnology Risk Governance, IRGC, Geneva (available on the IRGC website: http://www.irgc.org/irgc/ projects/nanotechnology/).
- IRGC Policy Brief on Risk Governance for Nanotechnology, to be completed.
- Morgan, M.G., Fischhoff, B., Bostrom, A. and Atman, C.J., 2002, Risk Communication: A Mental Models Approach, Cambridge University Press, Boston, MA.
- OECD, 2002, Guidance Document on Risk Communication for Chemical Risk Management, OECD, Paris.
- Roco, M.C. and Bainbridge, W.S. (eds.), 2001, Societal Implications of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, NSET Workshop Report, March 2001, Virginia; based on National Science Foundation (NSF) Workshop in September 2000, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, the Netherlands.
- Siegel, R.W., Hu, E. and Roco, M.C. (eds.), 1999, Nanostructure Science and Technology, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, the Netherlands (also available at http://www.wtec.org/ loyola/nano/).
- SwissRe, 2007, The Risk Governance of Nanotechnology: Recommendations for Managing a Global Issue, 6–7 July 2006, Conference Report, SwissRe Centre for Global Dialogue, Rüschlikon.
- Nanotechnology Risk Governance
- Book Title
- Global Risk Governance
- Book Subtitle
- Concept and Practice Using the IRGC Framework
- Book Part
- pp 301-327
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- International Risk Governance Council Bookseries
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 2. University of Stuttgart and DIALOGIK
- 3. IRGC
- Author Affiliations
- 4. National Science Foundation, Washington, DC, USA
- 5. University of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany and DIALOGIK gGmbH, Stuttgart, Germany
- 6. Interdisciplinary Research Unit on Risk Governance and Sustainable Technology Development (ZIRN), Stuttgart, Germany
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.