Pre-harvest application of proprietary elicitor delays fruit senescence
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The proprietary elicitor, YEA!, is an organic patented material derived from exoskeletons of crustaceans. YEA! appears to be responsible for actually reducing ethylene biosynthesis. This was tested using triple response assays on etiolated Arabidopsis thaliana seedlings, which is conducted using seeds germinated in the dark. Normally elongated hypocotyls (stems) are severely reduced in length by low concentrations of ethylene. When the seeds were germinated on agar medium containing 0.1 mg/mL YEA!, the results were the same as controls and indicated ethylene was not produced by the seedlings.
- Pre-harvest application of proprietary elicitor delays fruit senescence
- Book Title
- Advances in Plant Ethylene Research
- Book Subtitle
- Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on the Plant Hormone Ethylene
- Book Part
- pp 301-302
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Department of Environmental Agronomy and Crop Science, University of Padova
- 2. Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics, University of Maryland
- 3. Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Cornell University
- 4. Horticultural Sciences, University of Florida
- 5. Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
- 6. Agrotechnology and Food Sciences Group (AFSG), Wageningen University and Research Centre
- Author Affiliations
- 7. Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Colorado State University, 80523, Fort Collins, CO, USA
- 8. AgriHouse Inc., 80513, Berthoud, CO, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.