Introduction to NetLogo
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
NetLogo is a multi-agent modeling environment originally conceived by the complex systems community for simulating natural and social phenomena. Despite its simplicity, NetLogo is a powerful tool in many fields of research. It is especially well suited for modeling large collections of independent agents developing over time, thus being a promising solution for simulating and analyzing distributed systems such as modern wireless networks. In this chapter we illustrate the feasibility of this approach, by providing a detailed tutorial about the application of NetLogo to wireless communications.
- IEEE Std 802. 11a. Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and the Phys-ical Layer (PHY) specifications -High-speed Physical Layer in the 5 GHz Band., 1999.
- IEEE Std 802. 11g 2003. Amendment to IEEE Std 802. 11, 1999 Edn. (Reaff 2003) as amended by IEEE Stds 802. 11a-1999, 802. 11b-1999, 802. 11b-1999/Cor 1-2001, and 802. 11d-2001., 2003.
- L. DaSilva A. MacKenzie. Game Theory for Wireless Engineers. ISBN 1-59829-016-9. Morgan & Claypool, 2006.
- Federico Albiero. Power Savings in Cooperative Networks. A Game-theoretic Approach. Master’s thesis, Universita’ agli Studi di Padova (Italy) and Aalborg University (AAU -Denmark), 2006.
- Various Authors. NetLogo User Manual. Center for Connected Learning and Computer-Based Modeling. Northwestern University of Evanston, IL, Septem-ber 2006. Available at http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/docs/.
- R. Axelrod. The Evolution of Cooperation. Basic Books, 1984.
- F. H. P. Fitzek and M. Katz. Cooperation in Wireless Networks: Principles and Applications -Real Egoistic Behavior is to Cooperate! ISBN 1-4020-4710-X. Springer, April 2006. CrossRef
- W. Pundstone. Prisoner’s Dilemma. Doubleday, 1992.
- J. M. Smith. Evolution of the Theory of Games. Cambridge University Press, 1982.
- Frank H. P. Fitzek Tatiana K. Madsen and Ramjee Prasad. Simulating Mobile Ad Hoc Networks: Estimation of Connectivity Probability. Dept. of Communi-cation Technology, Aalborg University, 2004. Available at http://kom. aau. dk/ ∼ff/documents/wpmc2004tatiana. pdf.
- U. Wilenski. NetLogo. Center for Connected Learning and Computer-Based Modeling. Northwestern University of Evanston, IL, 1999. Available at http://ccl. northwestern. edu/netlogo.
- U. Wilenski. Modeling Nature’s Emergent Patterns with Multi-agent Languages. Center for Connected Learning and Computer-Based Modeling, Northwestern University of Evanston (IL), 2001. Available at http://ccl.northwestern.edu/papers/MEE/.
- Introduction to NetLogo
- Book Title
- Cognitive Wireless Networks
- Book Subtitle
- Concepts, Methodologies and Visions Inspiring the Age of Enlightenment of Wireless Communications
- Book Part
- Part V
- pp 579-602
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Aalborg University
- 2. VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- Author Affiliations
- 3. VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, 1100, FI-90571, Oulu, Finland
- 4. Department of Electronic Systems, Aalborg University, Niels Jernes Vej 12, DK-9220, Aalborg, Denmark
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.