Aeolian Sediment Transport
- William G. NicklingAffiliated withWind Erosion Laboratory, Department of Geography, University of Guelph
- , Cheryl McKenna Neuman
Aeolian processes, involving the entrainment, transport, and deposition of sediment by the wind, are important geomorphic processes operating in arid regions. This chapter, in association with Chapters 18, 19, and 20 form an integrated unit that discusses the fundamentals of aeolian sediment entrainment and transport, dune morphology and dynamics, wind erosion processes and aeolian landforms, and the significance of dust transport.
- Aeolian Sediment Transport
- Book Title
- Geomorphology of Desert Environments
- Book Part
- Part VII
- pp 517-555
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Dept. Geography, University of Sheffield
- 2. Dept. Geography, State University of New York
- Author Affiliations
- 3. Wind Erosion Laboratory, Department of Geography, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.