Authenticated Index Structures for Outsourced Databases
- Feifei LiAffiliated withDepartment of Computer Science, Florida State University
- , Marios HadjileftheriouAffiliated withAT&T Labs Inc.
- , George KolliosAffiliated withComputer Science Department, Boston University
- , Leonid ReyzinAffiliated withComputer Science Department, Boston University
In an outsourced database (ODB) system the database owner publishes data through a number of remote servers, with the goal of enabling clients at the edge of the network to access and query the data more efficiently. As servers might be untrusted or can be compromised, query authentication becomes an essential component of ODB systems. In this chapter we present three techniques to authenticate election range queries and we analyze their performance over different cost metrics. In addition, we discuss extensions to other query types.
- Authenticated Index Structures for Outsourced Databases
- Book Title
- Handbook of Database Security
- Book Subtitle
- Applications and Trends
- pp 115-136
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Dept. of Computer Science, University of California at Davis
- 2. George Mason University Center for Secure Information Systems Research I
- Author Affiliations
- 3. Department of Computer Science, Florida State University, Florida
- 4. AT&T Labs Inc., NJ
- 5. Computer Science Department, Boston University, Boston
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.