Recursive and Iterative Algorithms for N-ary Search Problems
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The paper analyses and compares alternative iterative and recursive implementations of N-ary search algorithms in hardware (in field programmable gate arrays, in particular). The improvements over the previous results have been achieved with the aid of the proposed novel methods for the fast implementation of hierarchical algorithms. The methods possess the following distinctive features: 1) providing sub-algorithms with multiple entry points; 2) fast stack unwinding for exits from recursive sub-algorithms; 3) hierarchical returns based on two alternative approaches; 4) rational use of embedded memory blocks for the design of a hierarchical finite state machine.
- V. Sklyarov, Models, Methods and Tools for Synthesis and FPGA-based Implementation of Advanced Control Systems, Proceedings of ICOM’05, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2005, pp. 1122–1129
- V. Sklyarov, I. Skliarova, and B. Pimentel, FPGA-based implementation and comparison of recursive and iterative algorithms, Proceeding of FPL’2005, Tampere, Finland, 2005, pp. 235–240.
- V. Sklyarov, Hierarchical Finite-State Machines and Their Use for Digital Control, IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems, vol. 7, no 2, pp. 222–228, 1999. CrossRef
- I. Skliarova and A.B. Ferrari, The Design and Implementation of a Reconfigurable Processor for Problems of Combinatorial Computation, Journal of Systems Architecture, Special Issue on Reconfigurable Systems, vol. 49, nos. 4–6, 2003, pp. 211–226. CrossRef
- A.D. Zakrevski, Logical Synthesis of Cascade Networks (Moscow: Science, 1981).
- B.W. Kernighan and D.M. Ritchie, The C Programming Language (Prentice Hail, 1988).
- Spartan-IIE Development Platform, Available at: www.trenz-electronic.de.
- Recursive and Iterative Algorithms for N-ary Search Problems
- Book Title
- Professional Practice in Artificial Intelligence
- Book Subtitle
- IFIP 19th World Computer Congress, TC 12: Professional Practice Stream, August 21–24, 2006, Santiago, Chile
- pp 81-90
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- IFIP International Federation for Information Processing
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- International Federation for Information Processing
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.