An Efficient Time Annotation Technique in Abstract RTOS Simulations for Multiprocessor Task Migration
Complex control oriented embedded systems with hard real-time constraints require real-time operation system (RTOS) for predictable timing behavior. To support the evaluation of different scheduling strategies and task priorities, we use an abstract RTOS model based on SystemC. In this article, we present an annotation method for time estimation that supports flexible simulation and validation of real-time-constraints for task migration between different target processors without loss of simulation performance and less memory overhead.
- Giorgio C. Buttazzo and Giorgio Buttanzo. Hard Real-Time Computing Systems: Predictable Scheduling Algorithms and Applications. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Norwell, MA, USA, 1997.
- A. Gerstlauer, H. Yu, and D. Gajski. Rtos modeling for system level design. In Proceedings of Design, Automation and Test in Europe, March 2003., 2003.
- Kopetz H. Real-Time Systems. Design Principles for Distributed Embedded Applications. Springer Verlag, Dordrecht, Netherlands, 1997.
- M. AbdElSalam Hassan, Keishi Sakanushi, Yoshinori Takeuchi, and Masaharu Imai. Rtk-spec tron: A simulation model of an itron based rtos kernel in systemc. In DATE ’05: Proceedings of the conference on Design, Automation and Test in Europe, pages 554–559, Washington, DC, USA, 2005. IEEE Computer Society.
- Sorin A. Huss and Stephan Klaus. Assessment of real-time operating systems characteristics in embedded systems design b systemc models of rtos services. In DVCon 07: Design and Verification Conference and Exhibitation, San Jose, CA, 2007.
- Hector Posadas, Jesús Ádamez, Pablo SÁnchez, Eugenio Villar, and Francisco Blasco. Posix modeling in systemc. In ASP-DAC ’06: Proceedings of the 2006 conference on Asia South Pacific design automation, pages 485–490, New York, NY, USA, 2006. ACM Press.
- Peter P. Puschner and Anton V. Schedl. Computing maximum task execution times - a graphbased approach. Real-Time Systems, 13(1):67–91, 1997. CrossRef
- An Efficient Time Annotation Technique in Abstract RTOS Simulations for Multiprocessor Task Migration
- Book Title
- Distributed Embedded Systems: Design, Middleware and Resources
- pp 181-190
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- IFIP – The International Federation for Information Processing
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.