Fast line and rectangle detection by clustering and grouping
Fast algorithms to detect lines and rectangles in grey-scale images are proposed. At first, a contour image is obtained by the modified edge detection scheme. The linear primitives are extracted in the contour image and joined into line segments by cluster analysis method. The line merging algorithm is developed to get straight lines from segments. Algorithm to detect rectangles from the extracted straight lines is suggested. The developed algorithms are fast and permit to get the qualitative result.
- A. Huertas, R. Nevatia, ‘Detecting buildings in aerial images', Computer vision, graphics and image processing, Vol. 41, pp. 131–152, 1988.
- A. Huertas, V. Cole, R. Nevatia, ‘Detecting runways in complex airport scenes', Computer vision, graphics and image processing, Vol. 51, pp. 107–145, 1990.
- R. Nevatia, K. Babu, ‘Linear feature extraction and description', Computer graphics and image processing, Vol. 13, pp. 257–269, 1980. CrossRef
- G. Poth, M. D. Levine, ‘Extracting geometric primitives', CVGIP: Image Understanding, Vol. 58, pp. l–22, 1993.
- J. A. Shufelt, D. M. McKeown, ‘Fusion of monocular cues to detect man made structures in aerial imagery’, CVGIP: Image Understanding, Vol.57, pp 307–330, 1993. CrossRef
- V. Venkateswar, R. Chellapa, ‘Extraction of straight lines in aerial images', IEEE Trans. on PAMI, Vol. 14, pp. 1111–1114, 1992.
- J. Canny, ‘A computational approach to edge detection', IEEE Trans. on PAMI, Vol. 8, pp. 679–698, 1986.
- S.Ablameyko, D.Lagunovsky ‘Aerial images: from straight lines to rectangles', SPIE's Proceedings (Visual communications and image processing), Vol.2308.,pp.2040–2048, 1994.
- D.Lagunovsky, S.Ablameyko, ‘Fast straight line extraction in aerial images’ Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis, vol.6., pp.627–633, 1996
- D.Torkar, N.Pavesic, ‘Feature extraction from aerial images and structural stereo matching’ Proc. of Intern.Conf.on Pattern Recognition, Vol.C, pp.880–884, 1996.
- Fast line and rectangle detection by clustering and grouping
- Book Title
- Computer Analysis of Images and Patterns
- Book Subtitle
- 7th International Conference, CAIP '97 Kiel, Germany, September 10–12, 1997 Proceedings
- pp 503-510
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.