Case-based reasoning in color matching
A case-based reasoning system for determining what colorants to use for producing a specific color of plastic was created. The selection of colorants needs to take many factors into consideration. A technique that involved fuzzy logic was used to compare the quality of the color match for each factor. The system has been in use for two years at a growing number of GE Plastics sites and has shown significant cost savings.
- Aamodt, A., Case-Based Reasoning: Foundational Issues, Methodological Variations, and System Approaches, AICOM, Vol. 7, No. 1, March 1994.
- Althoff, K-D., A Review of Industrial Case-Based Reasoning Tools, AI Intelligence, United Kingdom, 1995.
- Billmeyer, F., Principles of Color Technology: Second Edition, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1981.
- Kolodner, J., Case-Based Reasoning. Morgan Kaufmann, 1993.
- Mendel, J., Fuzzy Logic Systems for Engineering: A Tutorial, Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 83, no. 3, March 1995.
- Case-based reasoning in color matching
- Book Title
- Case-Based Reasoning Research and Development
- Book Subtitle
- Second International Conference on Case-Based Reasoning, ICCBR-97 Providence, RI, USA, July 25–27, 1997 Proceedings
- pp 1-12
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series Subtitle
- Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.