A model based method for characterization and location of curved image features
This paper deals with the development of a parametric model based method to locate and characterize accurately important curved features such as ellipses and B-splines based curves. The method uses all the grey level information of the pixels contained within a window around the feature of interest and produces a complete parametric model that best approximates in a mean-square sense the observed grey level image intensities within the working area. Promising experimental results have been obtained on real data.
- Deriche, R. (1990) Fast Algorithms For Low-Level Vision. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence 12: pp. 78-88
- R. Deriche. Recursively Implementing the Gaussian and Its Derivatives. In Proc. Second International Conference On Image Processing, pages 263–267, Singapore, September 7–11 1992.
- R. Deriche and T. Blaszka. Recovering and Characterizing Image Features Using An Efficient Model Based Approach. In Computer Vision And Pattern Recognition, pages 530–535, New-York, June 14–17 1993.
- P. Lipson, A.L. Yuille, D. O'Keeffe, J. Cavanaugh, J. Taaffe, and D. Rosenthal. Deformable Templates for Feature Extraction from Medical Images. In O.D. Faugeras, editor, First European Conference on Computer Vision, pages 413–417, Antibes France, April 1990.
- A model based method for characterization and location of curved image features
- Book Title
- Image Analysis and Processing
- Book Subtitle
- 8th International Conference, ICIAP'95 San Remo, Italy, September 13–15, 1995 Proceedings
- pp 76-82
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.