Segmentation and estimation of the optical flow
We propose an algorithm for simultaneous estimation and segmentation of the optical flow. The moving scene is decomposed in different regions with respect to their motion, by means of a pattern recognition scheme. The feature vectors are drawn from the image sequence and they are used to train a Radial Basis Functions (RBF) neural network. The learning algorithm for the RBF network minimizes a cost function derived from the probability estimation theory. The proposed algorithm was applied in real image sequences.
- A. N. Netravali, B. G. Haskell, Digital Pictures, Representation and compression, (Applications of Communications Theory, series editor: R. W. Lucky), Plenum Press, 1988.
- Konrad, J., Dubois, E. (1992) Bayesian estimation of motion vector fields. IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence PAMI-14: pp. 910-927
- Besag, J. (1986) On the statistical analysis of dirty pictures. J. Roy Statist. Soc. 48: pp. 259-302
- F. Heitz, P. Bouthemy, “Multimodal estimation of discontinuous optical flow using Markov Random Fields,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. PAMI-15, No. 12, Dec. 1993.
- M. M. Chan, M. I. Sezan, A. M. Tekalp, “An algorithm for simultaneous motion estimation and scene segmentation,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Acoust. Speech and Signal Processing, Adelaide, Australia, pp. V-221–V-224, May 1994.
- Borş, A. G., Gabbouj, M. (1994) Minimal topology for a radial basis functions neural network for pattern classification. Digital Signal Processing 4: pp. 173-188
- A. G. Borş, I. Pitas, “Robust estimation of radial basis functions,” Proc. of IEEE Workshop on Neural Networks for Signal Processing IV, Ermioni, Greece, pp. 105–114, 6–8 Sep. 1994.
- R. J. Schalkoff, Pattern Recognition: Statistical, Structural and Neural Approaches, John Wiley, 1992.
- A. G. Borş, I. Pitas, “Median radial basis functions network for optical flow processing,” Proc. of IEEE Workshop on Nonlinear Signal and Image Processing, Neos Marmaras, Greece, pp. 702–705, 20–22 June 1995.
- Segmentation and estimation of the optical flow
- Book Title
- Computer Analysis of Images and Patterns
- Book Subtitle
- 6th International Conference, CAIP '95 Prague, Czech Republic, September 6–8, 1995 Proceedings
- pp 680-685
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.