Demonstration of the interactive graph visualization system da Vinci
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We present the graph visualization system daVinci, an interactive tool that can be used by arbitrary application programs as a user interface for graph data structures. Beside a novel automatic layout algorithm for graphs, da Vinci offers many interactive facilities such as finetuning of a layout, abstractions and scaling operations. A bidirectional application interface is used for tool communication with a program that controls the graph structure.
- E. Koutsofios, S. C. North: “Drawing Graphs with dot — dot User's Manual”. Technical Report, AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, New Jersey (1993).
- M. Himsolt: “GraphEd: A Graphical Platform for the Implementation of Graph Algorithms”. In these proceedings.
- T. R. Henry: “Interactive Graph Layout: The Exploration of Large Graphs”. Ph. D. Thesis, Technical Report No. 92-03, University of Arizona (1992).
- G. Sander: “Graph Layout through the VCG Tool”. In these proceedings.
- F. Newbery-Paulisch: “The Design of an Extendible Graph Editor”. Lecture Notes in Computer Science No. 701, Springer Verlag (1993).
- B. Birgisson, G. Shannon: “Graph View: An Extensible Interactive Platform for Manipulating and Displaying Graphs”. Technical Report No. 295, Computer Science Department, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana (1989).
- K. Sugiyama, S. Tagawa, M. Toda: “Methods for Visual Understanding of Hierarchical System Structures”. IEEE Transactions on System, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol. 11, No. 2 (1981) pp. 1047–1062.
- M. Fröhlich, M. Werner: “The Graph Visualization System daVinci — A User Interface for Applications”. Technical Report No. 5/94, Department of Computer Science, University of Bremen, Germany (1994).
- A. Juutistenaho: “Linear Time Algorithms for Layout of Generalized Trees”. Technical Report No. A-1994-6, Department of Computer Science, University of Tampere, Finland (1994).
- Demonstration of the interactive graph visualization system da Vinci
- Book Title
- Graph Drawing
- Book Subtitle
- DIMACS International Workshop, GD '94 Princeton, New Jersey, USA, October 10–12, 1994 Proceedings
- pp 266-269
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.