Redrawing a graph within a geometric tolerance
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
In this paper we investigate some applications of the concept of tolerance to graph drawing. Given a geometric structure, the tolerance is a measure of how much the set of points can be arbitrarily changed while preserving the structure. Then, if we have a layout of a graph and we want to redraw the graph while preserving the mental map (captured by some proximity graph of the set of nodes), the tolerance of this proximity graph can be a useful tool. We present an optimal O(n log n) algorithm for computing the tolerance of the Delaunay triangulation of a set of points and propose some variations with applications to interactive environments.
- M. Abellanas, J. García, G. Hernández, F. Hurtado, O. Serra, J. Urrutia: Updating polygonizations, Computer Graphics Forum, vol.12, n.3 (1993), pp.143–152.
- M. Abellanas, F. Hurtado, P. Ramos: Tolerance of geometric structures, Proc. 6th Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry (1994).
- P.J. Agarwal, M. Sharir, S. Toledo: Applications of parametric searching in geometric optimization, Proc. 3rd ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (1992), pp.72–82.
- F. Aurenhammer: Improved algorithms for discs and balls using power diagrams, Journal of Algorithms 9 (1988), pp.151–161.
- K.Q. Brown: Geometric transforms for fast geometric algorithms, Ph.D. thesis, Rep. CMU-CS-80-101, Dept. of Computer Science, Carnegie-Mellon Univ., Pittsburgh (1980).
- P. Eades, R. Tamassia: Algorithms for drawing graphs: An annotated bibliography, Technical report, Dept. of Computer Science, Brown Univ., Providence, Rhode Island (1989).
- P. Eades, W. Lai, K. Misue, K. Sugiyama: Preserving the Mental Map of a Diagram Research Report IIAS-RR-91-16E, International Institute for Advanced Study of Social Information Science, Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd., 17–25, Shinkamata 1-chome, Ohta-ku, Tokyo 144, Japan, August 1991.
- K.A. Lyons: Cluster Busting in Anchored Graph Drawing Ph.D. thesis, Queen's University (1994).
- K.A. Lyons, H. Meijer, D. Rappaport: Properties of the Voronoi Diagram Cluster Buster Proc. 1993 CAS Conference (CASCON'93) Vol. II, A. Gawman, W.M. Getleman, E. Kidd, P. Larson, J. Slonim, Eds, IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory Center for Advanced Studies and NRC Canada, Toronto (Canada), October 24–28 1993, pp. 1148–1163.
- P. Ramos: Tolerancia de Estructuras Geométricas y Combinatorias Ph.D. Thesis (in Spanish), in preparation.
- Redrawing a graph within a geometric tolerance
- Book Title
- Graph Drawing
- Book Subtitle
- DIMACS International Workshop, GD '94 Princeton, New Jersey, USA, October 10–12, 1994 Proceedings
- pp 246-253
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.