QoS negotiation for multicast communications
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
This paper deals with the Quality of Service (QoS) negotiation for multicast connections. First, we show that in the multicast case, the QoS parameters may be separated into two classes, namely the parameters whose scope is the whole multicast connection and those whose scope is limited to each receiver separately. Then, after a brief presentation of the enhanced QoS defined in the OSI95 transport service, we examine how the QoS negotiation schemes used in the peer-to-peer ISO and OSI95 transport services can be extended to multicast connections. Finally, a practical issue about QoS negotiation for multicast connections is presented.
- ATM Forum: ATM User-Network Interface Specification, Version 3.0, September 1993.
- Y. Baguette: Enhanced Transport Service Definition (Informal specification in English — Version 1), ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6/WG4/N822,19 Apr. 1993, 85 p.
- A. Campbell, G. Coulson, D. Hutchison: A Quality of Service Architecture, ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, April 1994, Vol. 24, No.2, pp 6–27.
- A. Danthine, Y. Baguette, G. Leduc, L. Léonard: The OSI 95 Connection-mode Transport Service — The Enhanced QoS, High Performance Networking, IV, IFIP Transactions C-14, A. Danthine, O. Spaniol, eds., Elsevier (North-Holland), 1995 pp 235–252.
- A. Danthine, O. Bonaventure, G. Leduc: The QoS Enhancements in OSI95, The OSI95 Transport Service with Multimedia Support, A. Danthine, ed., Springer-Verlag, pp 124–149.
- C. Diot, P. Cocquet, D. Stunault: Specification of ETS, the Enhanced Transport Service, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6/N7883, January 1993
- D. Ferrari, A. Banerjea, H. Zhang: Network Support for Multimedia — A Discussion of the Tenet Approach, Technical Report TR-92-072, International Computer Science Institute, Berkeley, November 1992.
- D. Ferrari, D. Verma: A Scheme for Real-Time Channel Establishment in Wide-Area Networks, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, April 1990, Vol. 8, No.3, pp 368–379.
- L. Henckel: Multipeer Transport Services for Multimedia Applications, Participant's Proc. 5th IFIP Conference on High Performance Networking, Grenoble, June 27–July 1, 1994, S. Fdida, ed., pp 165–183.
- D. Hoffman, M. Speer, G. Fernando: Network Support for Dynamically Scaled Multimedia Data Streams, Proc. 4th International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video, Lancaster, November 3–5, 1993, pp 251–262.
- ISO/IEC JTC1: Information technology — Transport service definition for Open Systems Interconnection, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6 N7734 (ISO DIS 8072 — DIS ballot terminates on April 1993).
- L. Mathy, G. Leduc, O. Bonaventure, A. Danthine: A Group Communication Framework, 3rd International Broadband Islands Conference, Hamburg, June 7–9, 1994, O. Spaniol, W. Bauerfeld and F. Williams, eds., Elsevier Science Publishers (North-Holland), 1994, pp 167–178.
- C. Partridge: A Proposed Flow Specification, Internet RFC 1363, 1992
- J. Pasquale, G. Polyzos, E. Anderson, V. Kompella: The Multimedia Multicast Channel, Proc. 3rd International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video, San Diego, November 12–13, 1992, P. Venkat Rangan, Ed., Springer-Verlag, pp 197–208.
- J. Pasquale, G. Polyzos, E. Anderson, V. Kompella: Filter Propagation in Dissemination Trees: Trading Off Bandwidth and Processing in Continuous Media Networks, Proc. 4th International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video, Lancaster, November 3–5, 1993, pp 269–278.
- C. Szyperski, G. Ventre: Efficient Group Communication with Guaranteed Quality of Service, 4th IEEE Workshop on the Future Trends in Distributed Computing Systems, Lisboa, September 1993.
- C. Topolcic: Experimental Internet STream Protocol, Version 2 (ST-II), Internet RFC 1190, 1990.
- L. Zhang, S. Deering, D. Estrin, S. Shenker, D. Zappala: RSVP: A New Resource ReSerVation Protocol, IEEE Network, September 1993, Vol. 7, No.5, pp 8–18.
- QoS negotiation for multicast communications
- Book Title
- Multimedia Transport and Teleservices
- Book Subtitle
- International COST 237 Workshop Vienna, Austria, November 13–15, 1994 Proceedings
- pp 199-218
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.