Equivalences for fair Kripke structures
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We extend the notion of bisimulation to Kripke structures with fairness. We define equivalences that preserve fairness and are akin to bisimulation. Specifically we define an equivalence and show that it is complete in the sense that it is the coarsest equivalence that preserves the logic CTL* interpreted with respect to the fair paths. We show that the addition of fairness might cause two Kripke structures, which can be distinguished by a CTL* formula, to become indistinguishable by any CTL formula. We also define another weaker equivalence that is the weakest equivalence preserving CTL interpreted on the fair paths. As a consequence of our proof, we also obtain characterizations of states in the fair structure in terms of CTL* and CTL formulae.
- A. Aziz, V. Singhal, G. M. Swamy, and R. K. Brayton. Minimizing Interacting Finite State Machines. Technical Report UCB/ERL M93/68, Electronics Research Lab, Univ. of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, September 1993.
- M. C. Browne, E. M. Clarke, and O. Grümberg. Characterizing Finite Kripke Structures in Propositional Temporal Logic. Theoretical Computer Science, 59:115–131, 1988.
- E. M. Clarke, J. R. Burch, O. Grümberg, D. E. Long, and K. L. McMillan. Automatic Verification of Sequential Circuit Designs. Phil. Trans. of the Royal Society of London, 339:105–120, 1992.
- E. M. Clarke, E. A. Emerson, and A. P. Sistla. Automatic Verification of Finite-State Concurrent Systems Using Temporal Logic Specifications. ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems, 8(2):244–263, 1986.
- E. A. Emerson. Temporal and Modal Logic. In J. van Leeuwen, editor, Formal Models and Semantics, volume B of Handbook of Theoretical Computer Science, pages 996–1072. Elsevier Science, 1990.
- E. A. Emerson and J. Y. Halpern. “Sometimes” and “Not Never” Revisited: on Branching versus Linear Time Temporal Logic. Journal of the ACM, 33(1):151–178, 1986.
- Robert J. van Glabbeek. Comparative Concurrency Sematics and Refinement of Actions. PhD thesis, Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica, Vrije Universiteit te Amsterdam, Amsterdam, May 1990.
- Shmuel Safra. Complexity of Automata on Infinite Objects. PhD thesis, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel, March 1989.
- Equivalences for fair Kripke structures
- Book Title
- Automata, Languages and Programming
- Book Subtitle
- 21st International Colloquium, ICALP 94 Jerusalem, Israel, July 11–14, 1994 Proceedings
- pp 364-375
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.