Timewise refinement for communicating processes
- Steve Schneider
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A theory of timewise refinement is presented. This allows the translation of specifications and proofs of correctness between semantic models, permitting each stage in the verification of a system to take place at the appropriate level of abstraction. The theory is presented within the context of CSP. A denotational characterisation is given in terms of relations between behaviours at different levels of abstraction, and various properties for the preservation of refinement through parallel composition are discussed. An operational characterisation is also given in terms of timed and untimed tests, and observed to coincide with the denotational characterisation.
- J.C.M. Baeten and J.A. Bergstra, Discrete time process algebra, University of Amsterdam, Report P9208b, 1992.
- S.D. Brookes and A.W. Roscoe, An improved failures model for communicating sequential processes, Proceedings, Seminar on Concurrency, LNCS 197, 1985.
- S.D. Brookes, A.W. Roscoe, and D.J. Walker, An operational semantics for CSP, submitted for publication, 199x.
- R. Cleaveland and A.E. Zwarico, A theory of testing for real-time, North Carolina SU and Johns Hopkins, 1992.
- J.W. Davies and S.A. Schneider, Recursion induction for real-time processes, Formal Aspects of Computing, to appear.
- J.W. Davies and S.A. Schneider, A brief history of timed CSP, Oxford University Computing Laboratory technical monograph PRG-96 1992.
- R. Gerth, R. Kuiper, and J Segers, Interface refinement in reactive systems, Proceedings of CONCUR '92, LNCS 630, 1992.
- M. Hennessy, Algebraic Theory of Processes, MIT Press, 1988.
- C.A.R. Hoare, Communicating Sequential Processes, Prentice-Hall, 1985.
- K.G. Larsen and Wang Yi, Time abstracted bisimulation: implicit specifications and decidability, Proceedings of MFPS '93, LNCS, 1993.
- G. Lowe, Prioritized and probabilistic models of timed CSP, Oxford University Computing Laboratory Technical Report PRG-TR-24-91, 1991.
- G. Lowe, Relating the prioritized model of timed CSP to the timed failures model, Oxford University Computing Laboratory, 1992.
- N. Lynch and F. Vaandrager, Forward and backward simulations for timing-based systems, Proceedings, Real-time: theory in practise, LNCS 600, 1992.
- R. Milner, Communication and Concurrency, Prentice-Hall, 1989.
- M.W. Mislove, A.W. Roscoe, and S.A. Schneider, Fixed points without completeness, submitted for publication, 1992.
- G.M. Reed, A Uniform Mathematical Theory for Real-Time Distributed Computing, Oxford University DPhil thesis, 1988.
- G.M. Reed and A.W. Roscoe, A timed model for communicating sequential processes, Proceedings, 13th ICALP, LNCS 226, 1986.
- A.W. Roscoe, Unbounded Nondeterminism in CSP, Oxford University Computing Laboratory technical monograph PRG-67, 1988.
- S.A. Schneider, Correctness and Communication in Real-Time Systems, Oxford University DPhil. thesis 1989.
- S.A. Schneider, Unbounded nondeterminism for real-time processes, Oxford University Technical Report 13-92, 1992.
- S.A. Schneider, An operational semantics for timed CSP, Information and Computation, to appear, 1993.
- Wang Yi, Real-time behaviour of asynchronous agents, Proceedings of CONCUR '90, LNCS 458, 1990.
- Timewise refinement for communicating processes
- Book Title
- Mathematical Foundations of Programming Semantics
- Book Subtitle
- 9th International Conference New Orleans, LA, USA, April 7–10, 1993 Proceedings
- pp 177-214
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.