A fully dynamic approximation scheme for all-pairs shortest paths in planar graphs
- Philip N. KleinAffiliated withDepartment of Computer Science, Brown University
- , Sairam SubramanianAffiliated withDepartment of Computer Science, Brown University
In this paper we give a fully dynamic approximation scheme for maintaining all-pairs shortest paths in planar networks. Given an error parameter ε such that 0<ε≤1, our algorithm maintains approximate allpairs shortest-paths in an undirected planar graph G with nonnegative edge lengths. The approximate paths are guaranteed to be accurate to within a (1+ε)-factor. The time bounds for both query and update for our algorithm wis O(ε −1 n 2/3 log2 n log D), where n is the number of nodes in G and D is the sum of its edge lengths.
Our approximation algorithm is based upon a novel technique for approximately representing all-pairs shortest paths among a selected subset of the nodes by a sparse substitute graph.
- A fully dynamic approximation scheme for all-pairs shortest paths in planar graphs
- Book Title
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Book Subtitle
- Third Workshop, WADS '93 Montréal, Canada, August 11–13, 1993 Proceedings
- pp 442-451
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.