Characterization and algorithmic recognition of canonical conceptual graphs
This paper studies canonical graphs, which are conceptual graphs derivable from a canonical basis. We provide several characterizations of canonical graphs and prove that the correspondence between notions of a projection and a derivation sequence (specialization) holds true for canonical graphs. We propose an algorithm for deciding whether a conceptual graph is canonical relative to a given canonical basis. The complexity of this algorithm is polynomially related to the complexity of computing a projection between two conceptual graphs. When the canonical basis is a set of trees, it is polynomial.
- M. Chein and M.L. Mugnier. Conceptual graphs: fundamental notions. Revue d'Intelligence Artificielle, 6(4), 1992. Also available as R.R. LIRMM, 188, Nov. 1991.
- Chein, M., Mugnier, M. L. (1992) Specialization: where do the difficulties occur?. Proc. 7th Workshop on Conceptual Graphs. New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico
- P. Kocura and K. Kwong Ho. Aspect of a Conceptual Graph Processor Design. In Proc. 6th Annual Workshop on Conceptual Graphs, 1991.
- Mugnier, M. L., Chein, M. (1992) Polynomial algorithms for projection and matching. Proc. 7th Workshop on Conceptual Graphs. New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico
- J.F. Sowa. Conceptual structures — Information Processing in Mind and Machine. Addison-Wesley, 1984.
- G. Sabah and A. Vilnat. Flexible Case Structure Implemented into a Deterministic Parser. In Proc. 6th Annual Workshop on Conceptual Graphs, 1991.
- Characterization and algorithmic recognition of canonical conceptual graphs
- Book Title
- Conceptual Graphs for Knowledge Representation
- Book Subtitle
- First International Conference on Conceptual Structures, ICCS'93 Quebec City, Canada, August 4–7, 1993 Proceedings
- pp 294-311
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series Subtitle
- Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.