FSPNs: Fluid stochastic Petri nets
In this paper we introduce a new class of stochastic Petri nets in which one or more places can hold fluid rather than discrete tokens. After defining the class of fluid stochastic Petri nets, we provide equations for their transient and steady-state behavior. We give two application examples. We hope that this paper will spur further research on this topic.
- M. Ajmone Marsan, G. Balbo, and G. Conte, Performance Models of Multiprocessor Systems, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1986.
- D. Anick, D. Mitra and M. Sondhi, “Stochastic Theory of Data-Handling Systems,” The Bell System Technical Journal, Vol. 61, No. 8, pp. 1871–1894, Oct. 1982.
- C. G. Cassandras, Discrete Event Systems: Modeling and Performance Analysis, Aksen Associates, Holmwood, IL, 1993.
- G. Ciardo, A. Blakemore, P. F. J. Chimento, J. K. Muppala, and K. S. Trivedi, “Automated generation and analysis of Markov reward models using Stochastic Reward Nets”, in C. Meyer and R. J. Plemmons, editors, Linear Algebra, Markov Chains, and Queueing Models, volume 48 of IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications, Springer-Verlag, 1992.
- G. Ciardo, J. K. Muppala, and K. S. Trivedi, “Analyzing concurrent and fault-tolerant software using stochastic Petri nets”, J. Par. and Distr. Comp., 15(3):255–269, July 1992.
- D. Mitra, “Stochastic Theory of Fluid Models of Multiple Failure-Susceptible Producers and Consumers Coupled by a Buffer,” Advances in Applied Probability, Vol. 20, pp. 646–676, 1988.
- T. Murata, “Petri Nets: properties, analysis and applications”, Proceedings of the IEEE, 77(4):541–579, Apr. 1989.
- J. L. Peterson, Petri Net Theory and the Modeling of Systems, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1981.
- N. Viswanadham and Y. Narahari, Performance Modeling of Automated Manufacturing Systems, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1992.
- FSPNs: Fluid stochastic Petri nets
- Book Title
- Application and Theory of Petri Nets 1993
- Book Subtitle
- 14th International Conference Chicago, Illinois, USA, June 21–25, 1993 Proceedings
- pp 24-31
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.