An ackermannian polynomial ideal
- Guillermo Moreno SocíasAffiliated withÉquipe de Calcul Formel, Centre de Mathématiques & LIX École Polytechnique
In this paper we answer the following question of Teo Mora (): Write down a monomial ideal starting with a monomial of degree d, adding a monomial of degree d+1, another one of degree d+2, and so on, with every new monomial added not being a multiple of the previous ones; which is the maximal degree one can reach with this construction?
The paper is organized as follows. In section 1 we state the result concerning Mora's question; sections 2 and 3 contain some preliminaries and the proof, while in section 4 an example is shown and some remarks are made.
- An ackermannian polynomial ideal
- Book Title
- Applied Algebra, Algebraic Algorithms and Error-Correcting Codes
- Book Subtitle
- 9th International Symposium, AAECC-9 New Orleans, LA, USA, October 7–11, 1991 Proceedings
- pp 269-280
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.