An Approach to Internet-Based Virtual Call Center Implementation
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The era of classical PBX-based call centers has passed. Those systems were proprietary and closed, i.e. with fixed functionality. Today, the Internet and multimedia applications are becoming more and more popular across the world, and there is a lot of effort in both academia and industry to build and deploy modern Internet-based call centers. This paper should be viewed as a contribution to these efforts. It presents our approach to Internetbased virtual call center implementation. In contrast to other efforts, we consider the virtual call center as a universal infrastructure, which could be used as a telecommunication management network center and as an intelligent network service control point, too. In the paper we present our concept, the most interesting implementation details, and pilot network configuration.
- K. Dawson, Call Center Handbook: The Complete Guide to Starting, Running and Improving Your Call Center, CMP Books, ISBN: 1578200474, 1999.
- B. Cleveland and J. Mayben, Call Center Management on Fast Forward: Succeeding in Today’s Dynamic Environment, Call Center Pr, ISBN: 0965909301, 1999.
- M. Bodin, K. Dawson, The Call Center Dictionary: The Complete Guide to Call Center and Help Desk Technology and Operations, CMP Books, ISBN: 1578200431, 1999.
- R. A. Gable, Inbound Call Centers: Design, Implementation, and Management, Artech House, ISBN: 089006640X, 1993.
- M. Popovic, V. Kovacevic, S. Svircevic, “Concept of Developed Medium Size Switching System CVHN-RT”, Proceedings of 15th International Teletraffic Congress, Saint Petersburg, Russia, 1998.
- V. Kovacevic, M. Popovic, E. Secerov, Z. Manojlovic, and M. Skrbic, “Software Concept Applied in Subscriber Digital Concentrator ACK 2000 for Russian Telecommunication Network”, Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Telecommunications ICT’ 98, Porto Carras, Greece, June 21-25, 1998, Vol. IV, pp. 212–215.
- M. Popovic, V. Kovacevic, and M. S krbic, “On Possible V5.2 Concentrator Architectures”, Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Telecommunications ICT’99, Cheju Korea, Jun 15-18, 1999.
- M. Popovic, V. Kovacevic, and M. Skrbic, “Software Development & Testing Methodology used for Subscriber Digital Concentrator ACK-2000”, Proceedings of IEEE 10th International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, Boca Raton, Florida, USA, Novemberpp1-4, 1999, pp. 175–178.
- M. Popovic, V. Kovacevic, and M. Skrbic, “Software Reliability & Maintenance Concept used for Automatic Call Distributor MEDIO ACD”, Proceedings of IEEE 11th International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering, San Jose, California, USA, October 8-11, 2000, pp. 336–342.
- D. Yannakopoulos, M. Ferreti, M. Schultz, “Object Lessons Learned from an Intelligent Agents Framework for Telephony-Based Applications”, IEEE Proceedings of Technology of Object-Oriented Languages and Systems, Santa Barbara, California, 1-5 August 1999.
- D. Jevtic and D. Sablic, “Intelligent Call Transfer Based on Reinforcement Learning”, IEEE Proceedings of IEEE-INNS-ENNS International Joint Conference on Neural Networks”, Como, Italy, 24-27 July, 2000.
- H. El-Gendy, “Advanced Wired Follow Me Telephony Service”, IEEE Proceedings of 12th International Conference on Computer Communications, Seoul, South Korea, August 21-24 1995.
- R. Nelson, “Technology Tools for the Year 2005: Supporting the Nursing Process”,IEEE Proceedings of Pacific Medical Technology Symposium, Honolulu, Hawaii, August 17-20, 1998.
- A. Rohm, G. Pernul, “COPS: A Model and Infrastructure for Secure and Fair Electronic Markets”, IEEE Proceedings of Thirty-second Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Science, Maui, Hawaii, 5-8 January 1999.
- Qian-Ping Gu and S. Peng, “Node-to-Node Cluster Fault Tolerant Routing in Hypercubes”, IEEE Proceedings of the International Symposium on Parallel Architectures, Algorithms and Networks, Taipei, Taiwan, December 18–20 1997.
- “Architecture for Voice, Video and Integrated Data”-White Paper, www.cisco.com
- “The Call Center Revolution”-Technical Paper, www.3com.com
- “IP Telephony in the Call Center”-White Paper, www.dialogic.com
- An Approach to Internet-Based Virtual Call Center Implementation
- Book Title
- Networking — ICN 2001
- Book Subtitle
- First International Conference on Networking Colmar, France, July 9–13, 2001 Proceedings, Part I
- pp 75-84
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.