The DBLP Computer Science Bibliography: Evolution, Research Issues, Perspectives
- Michael Ley
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Publications are essential for scientific communication. Access to publications is provided by conventional libraries, digital libraries operated by learned societies or commercial publishers, and a huge number of web sites maintained by the scientists themselves or their institutions. Comprehensive meta-indices for this increasing number of information sources are missing for most areas of science. The DBLP Computer Science Bibliography of the University of Trier has grown from a very specialized small collection of bibliographic information to a major part of the infrastructure used by thousands of computer scientists. This short paper first reports the history of DBLP and sketches the very simple software behind the service. The most time-consuming task for the maintainers of DBLP may be viewed as a special instance of the authority control problem: how to normalize different spellings of person names. The third section of the paper discusses some details of this problem which might be an interesting research issue for the information retrieval community.
- Michael Ley: Die Trierer Informatik-Bibliographie DBLP. GI-Jahrestagung 1997: 257–266.
- Hartmut Liefke, Dan Suciu: XMill: an Efficient Compressor for XML Data. SIGMOD Conf. 2000, 153–164.
- Neoklis Polyzotis, Minos N. Garofalakis: Statistical Synopses for Graph-Structured XML Databases. SIGMOD Conf. 2002.
- Edleno Silva de Moura, Gonzalo Navarro, Nivio Ziviani, Ricardo Baeza-Yates: Fast and Flexible Word Searching on Compressed Text. TOIS 18(2): 113–139 (2000). CrossRef
- Ian H. Witten, Alistair Moffat, Timothy C. Bell: Managing Gigabytes, Compressing and Indexing Documents and Images, 2nd Ed., Morgan Kaufmann, 1999.
- The DBLP Computer Science Bibliography: Evolution, Research Issues, Perspectives
- Book Title
- String Processing and Information Retrieval
- Book Subtitle
- 9th International Symposium, SPIRE 2002 Lisbon, Portugal, September 11–13, 2002 Proceedings
- pp 1-10
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 4. Departamento de Ciěncia da Computação, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais
- 5. Instituto Superior Técnico, INESC-ID
- Michael Ley (6)
- Author Affiliations
- 6. University of Trier, FB 4. Informatik, D-54286, Trier, Germany
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.