Improvement of the Cluster Searching Algorithm in Sugeno and Yasukawa’s Qualitative Modeling Approach
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Fuzzy modeling has become very popular because of its main feature being the ability to assign meaningful linguistic labels to the fuzzy sets in the rule base. This paper examines Sugeno and Yasukawa'’s qualitative modeling approach, and addresses one of the remarks in the original paper. We propose a cluster search algorithm that can be used to provide a better projection of the output space to the input space. This algorithm can efficiently identify two or more fuzzy clusters in the input space that have the same output fuzzy cluster.
- Zadeh, L.A. (1968) “Fuzzy Algorithm”, Information and Control, vol. 12, pp. 94–102. CrossRef
- Sugeno, M., and Takagi, T. (1983) “A New Approach to Design of Fuzzy Controller”, Advances in Fuzzy Sets, Possibility Theory and Applications, pp. 325–334.
- Nguyen, H.T., and Sugeno, M. (Eds) (1998) Fuzzy Systems: Modeling and Control, The Handbook of Fuzzy Sets Series, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Sugeno, M., and Yasukawa, T. (1993) “A Fuzzy Logic Based Approach to Qualitative Modeling,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy System, vol. 1no. 1, pp. 7–31. CrossRef
- Kóczy, L.T. and Hirota, K., (1993) “Approximate reasoning by linear rule interpolation and general approximation,” Int. J. Approx. Reason, Vol.9, pp. 197–225. CrossRef
- Gedeon, T.D. and Kóczy, L.T., (1996) “Conservation of fuzziness in rule interpolation,” Intelligent Technologies, International Symposium on New Trends in Control of Large Scale Systems, vol. 1, Herlany, pp. 13–19.
- Tikk, D., and Baranyi, P., (2000) “Comprehensive analysis of a new fuzzy rule interpolation method,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, vol.8no. 3, pp. 281–296. CrossRef
- Bezdek, J.C. (1981) Pattern Recognition with Fuzzy Objective Function Algorithm, Plenum Press.
- Wadsworth, G.P., and Bryan, J.G., (1974) Applications of Probability and Random Variables, Second Edition, McGraw-Hill.
- Cochran, W.G. (1977) Sampling Techniques, Wiley.
- Anderson, T.W. (1996) The new statistical analysis of data, Springer.
- Srikant, R., and Agrawal, R., (1996) “Mining Quantitative Association Rules in Large Relational Tables,” Proceedings of ACM SIGMOD Conference on Management of Data, Montreal, Canada, p. 1–12.
- Ruspini, E.H., (1996) “A new approach to clustering,” Information and Control, vol. 15, pp. 22–32. CrossRef
- Improvement of the Cluster Searching Algorithm in Sugeno and Yasukawa’s Qualitative Modeling Approach
- Book Title
- Computational Intelligence. Theory and Applications
- Book Subtitle
- International Conference, 7th Fuzzy Days Dortmund, Germany, October 1–3, 2001 Proceedings
- pp 536-549
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Bernd Reusch (4)
- Editor Affiliations
- 4. Computer Science I, University of Dortmund
- Author Affiliations
- 5. Murdoch University, School of Information Technology, South St, Murdoch, Western Australi, 6150
- 6. Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Department of Telecom. & TElematics, H-1117, Budapest, Pázmány sétány 1/d, Hungary
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.