Flaws in Differential Cryptanalysis of Skipjack
- Louis GranboulanAffiliated withÉcole Normale Supérieure
This paper is motivated by some results presented by Knudsen, Robshaw and Wagner at Crypto’99 , that described many attacks of reduced versions of Skipjack, some of them being erroneous.
Differential cryptanalysis is based on distinguishers, any attack should prove that the events that triggers the analysis has not the same probability for the cipher than for a random function. In particular, the composition of differential for successive parts of a cipher should be done very carefully to lead to an attack.
This revised version of the paper includes the exact computations of some probabilities and repairs the attack of the first half of Skipjack.
- Flaws in Differential Cryptanalysis of Skipjack
- Book Title
- Fast Software Encryption
- Book Subtitle
- 8th International Workshop, FSE 2001 Yokohama, Japan, April 2–4, 2001 Revised Papers
- pp 328-335
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.