Mode Switching Synthesis for Reachability Specifications
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
In many control applications, a specific set of output tracking controllers of satisfactory performance have already been designed and must be used. When such a collection of control modes is available, an important problem is to be able to accomplish a variety of high level tasks by appropriately switching between the low-level control modes. In this paper, we define a concept of control modes, and propose a framework for determining the sequence of control modes that will satisfy reachability tasks. Our framework exploits the structure of output tracking controllers in order to extract a finite graph where the mode switching problem can be efficiently solved, and then implement it using the continuous controllers. Our approach is illustrated on a helicopter example, where we determine the mode switching logic that achieves the high-altitude takeoff task from a hover mode.
- A. Balluchi, L. Benvenuti, M.D. Di Benedetto, C. Pinello, and A.L. Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, Automotive engine control and hybrid systems: challenges and opportunities, Proceedings of the IEEE, 88(7):888–912, July 2000. CrossRef
- T. J. Koo, S. Sastry. Output Tracking Control Design of a Helicopter Model Based on Approximate Linearization. In Proceedings of the 37th Conference on Decision and Control, pp.3635–40, Tampa, Florida, December 1998.
- T. J. Koo, B. Sinopoli, A. Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, and S. Sastry. A Formal Approach to Reactive System Design: A UAV Flight Management System Design Example. In Proceedings of IEEE International symposium on Computer-Aided Control System Design Kohala Coast, Hawaii. September 1999.
- J. Liu, X. Liu, T. J. Koo, B. Sinopoli, S. S. Sastry, and E. A. Lee. Hierarchical Hybrid System Simulation. In Proceedings of the 38th Conference on Decision and Control, Phoenix, Arizona. December 1999.
- O. Shakernia, Y. Ma, T. J. Koo, and S. Sastry, Landing an Umanned Air Vehicle: Vision Based Motion Estimation and Nonlinear Control, Asian Journal of Control, Vol. 1, No.3, pp. 128–145, September 1999. CrossRef
- Omid Shakernia, George J. Pappas, Shankar Sastry, Decidable Controller Synthesis for Classes of Linear Systems, Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, volume 1790, pages 407–420, 2000. CrossRef
- J. Lygeros, C. Tomlin, S. Sastry. Controllers for Reachability Specifications for Hybrid Systems, Automatica, Volume 35, Number 3, March 1999.
- R. Milner. Communication and Concurrency, Prentice Hall, 1989.
- G. Lafferriere, G.J. Pappas, S. Yovine. Reachability Computation for Linear Hybrid Systems, In Proceedings of the 14th IFAC World Congress, volume E, pages 7–12, Beijing, 1999.
- G. Lafferriere, G.J. Pappas, and S. Yovine. Symbolic Reachability Computations for Families of Linear Vector Fields, Journal of Symbolic Computation, To appear.
- A.B. Kurzhanski, P. Varaiya, Ellipsoidal Techniques for Reachability Analysis, Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2000.
- E. Asarin, O. Bournez, T. Dang, O. Maler, and A. Pnueli, Effective Synthesis of Switching Controllers for Linear Systems, Proceedings of the IEEE, 88(2):1011–1025.
- A. Chutinan, B.H. Krogh, Verification of polyhedral-invariant hybrid systems using polygonal flow pipe approximations, Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1999.
- I. Kolmanovsky, E. G. Gilbert. Multimode Regulators for Systems with State & Control Constraints and Disturbance Inputs. In Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences 222, Control Using Logic-Based Switching, A. Stephen Morse(Ed.),pp. 104–117, Springer-Verlag, London, 1997.
- S. Sastry. Nonlinear Systems: Analysis, Stability, and Control. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1999.
- Mode Switching Synthesis for Reachability Specifications
- Book Title
- Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control
- Book Subtitle
- 4th International Workshop, HSCC 2001 Rome, Italy, March 28–30, 2001 Proceedings
- pp 333-346
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 4. Dipartimento di Ingegneria Elettrica, Universitá dell’Aquila
- 5. University of California at Berkeley
- 6. PARADES
- Author Affiliations
- 7. Department of EE, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 19104
- 8. Department of EECS, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, 94704
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.