The Body, the Mind or the Eye, first?
- Andrea BonariniAffiliated withAI and Robotics Project, Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione, Politecnico di Milano
We present an approach to shape robots on their sensorial ability. We argue that the interface with the external world may strongly condition the design of a robot, from the mechanical aspects to reasoning and learning. We show the implementation of this philosophy in the RoboCup middle-size player Rullit, shaped on its omnidirectional vision sensor.
- The Body, the Mind or the Eye, first?
- Book Title
- RoboCup-99: Robot Soccer World Cup III
- pp 210-221
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. School of Computer Science Computer Science Department, Carnegie Mellon University
- 2. Department of Electronics and Informatics (DEI), The University of Padua
- 3. Sony Computer Science Laboratories, Inc.
- Andrea Bonarini (6)
- Author Affiliations
- 6. AI and Robotics Project, Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione, Politecnico di Milano, Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, 32, Milano, Italy
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.