Temporary Data in Shared Dataspace Coordination Languages
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The shared dataspace metaphor is historically the most prominent representative of the family of coordination models. According to this approach, concurrent processes interact via the production, consumption, and test for presence/absence of data in a common repository. Recently, the problem of the accumulation of outdated and unwanted information in the shared repository has been addressed and it has been solved by introducing non-permanent data, obtained by associating an expiration time to data. In this paper we investigate the impact of the adoption of different notions of non-permanent data on the expressiveness of a Linda based process calculus.
- N. Busi, R. Gorrieri, and G. Zavattaro. On the Expressiveness of Linda Coordination Primitives. Information and Computation, 156(1/2):90–121, 2000. CrossRef
- F.S. de Boer, M. Gabbrielli, and M.C. Meo. A Timed Linda Language. In Proc. of Coordination 2000, volume 1906 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 299–304. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2000.
- C. Dufourd, A. Finkel, and P. Schnoebelen. Reset nets between decidability and undecidability. In Proc. of ICALP’98, volume 1061 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 103–115. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1998.
- J.M. Jacquet, K. De Bosschere, and A. Brogi. On Timed Coordination Languages. In Proc. of Coordination 2000, volume 1906 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 81–98. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2000.
- R. Milner. Communication and Concurrency. Prentice-Hall, 1989.
- M.L. Minsky. Computation: finite and infinite machines. Prentice-Hall, 1967.
- J.C. Shepherdson and J.E. Sturgis. Computability of recursive functions. Journal of the ACM, 10:217–255, 1963. CrossRef
- Sun Microsystem, Inc. JavaSpaces Specifications, 1998.
- P. Wyckoff, S.W. McLaughry, T.J. Lehman, and D.A. Ford. T Spaces. IBM Systems Journal, 37(3), 1998.
- Temporary Data in Shared Dataspace Coordination Languages
- Book Title
- Foundations of Software Science and Computation Structures
- Book Subtitle
- 4th International Conference, FOSSACS 2001 Held as Part of the Joint European Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software, ETAPS 2001 Genova, Italy, April 2–6, 2001 Proceedings
- pp 121-136
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 4. Dipartimento di Matematica e Informatica, Università di Udine
- Author Affiliations
- 5. Dipartimento di Scienze dell’Informazione, Università di Bologna, Mura Anteo Zamboni 7, I-40127, Bologna, Italy
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.