L-Studio/cpfg: A Software System for Modeling Plants
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
L-studio/cpfg is a plant modeling software system designed for Windows 95/98/NT platforms. Its key components are the L-system-based plant simulator cpfg and the modeling environment called L-studio. We overview version 1.0 of this system from the user’s perspective.
- P. Federl and P. Prusinkiewicz. Virtual Laboratory: An interactive software environment for computer graphics. In Proceedings of Computer Graphics International 1999, pages 93–100 and 242. IEEE CS, 1999.
- J. D. Foley, A. van Dam, S. Feiner, and J. Hughes. Computer graphics: Principles and practice. Addison-Wesley, Reading, 1990.
- A. Lindenmayer. Mathematical models for cellular interaction in development, Parts I and II. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 18:280–315, 1968. CrossRef
- L. Mercer, P. Prusinkiewicz, and J. Hanan. The concept and design of a virtual laboratory. In Proceedings of Graphics Interface’ 90, pages 149–155. CIPS, 1990.
- J. D. Murray and W. vanRyper. Encyclopedia of graphics file formats. O’Reilly & Associates, Sebastopol, CA, 1994.
- R. Měch. Modeling and simulation of the interactions of plants with the environment using L-systems and their extensions. PhD thesis, University of Calgary, October 1997.
- R. Měch and P. Prusinkiewicz. Visual models of plants interacting with their environment. Proceedings of SIGGRAPH’ 96 (New Orleans, Louisiana, August 4–9, 1996) ACM SIGGRAPH, New York, 1996, pp. 397–410. CrossRef
- J. Neider, T. Davis, and M. Woo. OpenGL programming guide. Addison-Wesley, Reading, 1993.
- C. Petzold. Programming Windows. Microsoft Press, Redmont, 1998.
- P. Prusinkiewicz, M. Hammel, and E. Mjolsness. Animation of plant development. Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 93 (Anaheim, California, August 1–6, 1993). ACM SIGGRAPH, New York, 1993, pp. 351–360. CrossRef
- P. Prusinkiewicz, J. Hanan, and R. Měch. An L-system-based plant modeling language. This volume.
- P. Prusinkiewicz, M. James, and R. Měch. Synthetic topiary. Proceedings of SIGGRAPH’ 94 (Orlando, Florida, July 24–29, 1994). ACM SIGGRAPH, New York, 1994, pp. 351–358. CrossRef
- P. Prusinkiewicz and A. Lindenmayer. The algorithmic beauty of plants. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1990. With J. S. Hanan, F. D. Fracchia, D. R. Fowler, M. J. M. de Boer, and L. Mercer.
- L-Studio/cpfg: A Software System for Modeling Plants
- Book Title
- Applications of Graph Transformations with Industrial Relevance
- Book Subtitle
- International Workshop, AGTIVE’99 Kerkrade, The Netherlands, September 1–3, 1999 Proceedings
- pp 457-464
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 4. Department of Computer Science III, Aachen University of Technology (RWTH)
- 5. Institute for Software Technology, Department of Computer Science, University of the German Federal Armed Forces Munich
- Author Affiliations
- 6. Department of Computer Science, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- 7. SGI, Mountain View, California, USA
- 8. CSIRO Entomology, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.