A Value-Oriented Approach to E-business Process Design
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Innovative e-commerce ideas have often floundered on an inadequate analysis of the expenses and benefits of the idea and an inadequate integration of the required e-business processes with other business processes. We present a requirements analysis and business process design approach that focuses on the analysis of the expenses and benefits of the e-commerce idea to all actors involved. We map this value viewpoint to the available business processes of the actors and show how to derive an economically feasible cross-organizational business process design.
- Annie I. Antón. Goal Identification and Refinement in the Specification of Information Systems. PhD thesis, Georgia Institute of Technology, Raleigh, NC, 1997.
- R. J. A. Buhr. Use case maps as architectural entities for complex systems. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 24(12):1131–1155, 1998. CrossRef
- A. Dardenne, A. van Lamsweerde, and S. Fickas. Goal-directed requirements acquisition. Science of Computer Programming, 20:3–50, 1993. CrossRef
- J. Gordijn and J. M. Akkermans. Ontology-based operators for e-Business model de-and reconstruction. In Yolanda Gil, Mark Musen, and Jude Shavlik, editors, Proceedings of the First International Conference on Knowledge Capture, pages 60–67, New York, NY, oct 2001. ACM-Press. Also available from http://www.cs.vu.nl/~gordijn/.
- Jaap Gordijn. Value-based Requirements Engineering-Exploring Innovative e-Commerce Ideas. PhD thesis, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, NL, 2002. Also available from http://www.cs.vu.nl/~gordijn/.
- Morris B. Holbrook. Consumer Value: A Framework for Analysis and Research. Routledge, New York, NY, 1999.
- Charles T. Horngren and George Foster. Cost Accounting: A Managerial Emphasis, sixth edition. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1987.
- J. Martin. Strategic Data-Planning Methodologies. Prentice-Hall, 1982.
- Henry Mintzberg. Structures in Fives: Designing Effective Organizations. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1983.
- Martyn A. Ould. Business Processes—Modelling and Analysis for Re-engineering and Improvement. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 1995.
- R. Tagg and C. Freyberg. Designing Distributed and Cooperative Information Systems. International Thomson Computer Press, 1997.
- Don Tapscott, David Ticoll, and Alex Lowy. Digital Capital—Harnessing the Power of Business Webs. Nicholas Brealy Publishing, London, UK, 2000.
- R.J. Wieringa. Requirements Engineering: Frameworks for Understanding. John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, 1996.
- Oliver E. Williamson. The Economic Institutions of Capitalism: Firms, Markets, Relational Contracting. The Free Press, New York, NY, 1985.
- E. S. K. Yu and J. Mylopoulos. Why goal-oriented requirements engineering. In E. Dubois, A. L. Opdahl, and K. Pohl, editors, Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Requirements Engineering: Foundation for Software Quality (RESFQ 1998), Namur, B, 1998. Presses Universitaires de Namur.
- V. A. Zeithaml. Consumer perceptions of price, quality, and value: A means-end model and synthesis of evidence. Journal of Marketing, (52):2–22, jul 1988. CrossRef
- A Value-Oriented Approach to E-business Process Design
- Book Title
- Advanced Information Systems Engineering
- Book Subtitle
- 15th International Conference, CAiSE 2003 Klagenfurt/Velden, Austria, June 16–20, 2003 Proceedings
- pp 390-403
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 4. Institut für Informatik-Systeme, Universität Klagenfurt
- 5. Istituto di Analisi dei Sistemi ed Informatica - CNR
- Author Affiliations
- 6. Department of Computer Science, Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1081, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 7. Department of Computer Science, University of Twente, P.O. Box 217, 7500 AE, The Netherlands
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.