GovML: A Markup Language for Describing Public Services and Life Events
- Gregory KavadiasAffiliated withArchetypon S.A.
- , Efthimios TambourisAffiliated withArchetypon S.A.
The Governmental Markup Language (GovML) has been proposed by the IST eGOV project to define structures (or vocabularies) for governmental data and metadata. In this paper, the GovML data vocabularies for describing public services and life events are presented. Technically, GovML is a proposed format for XML documents. Its adoption by public authorities will allow users (citizens, businesses) of public services to exploit the potential of XML technology. For example, users will be able to access governmental information in a unified presentation style through multiple communication channels (web browsers, mobile phones, handheld devices etc).
- GovML: A Markup Language for Describing Public Services and Life Events
- Book Title
- Knowledge Management in Electronic Government
- Book Subtitle
- 4th IFIP International Working Conference, KMGov 2003, Rhodes, Greece, May 26–28, 2003 Proceedings
- pp 106-115
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series Subtitle
- Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.