Cross-Language Information Retrieval Using Dutch Query Translation
This paper describes an elementary bilingual information retrieval experiment. The experiment takes Dutch topics to retrieve relevant English documents using Microsoft SQL Server version 7.0. In order to cross the language barrier between query and document, the researchers use query translation by means of a machine-readable dictionary. The Dutch run was void of the typical natural language processing techniques such as parsing, stemming, or part of speech tagging. A monolingual run was carried out for comparison purposes. Due to limitations in time, retrieval system, translation method, and test collection, there is only a preliminary analysis of the results.
- Cross-Language Information Retrieval Using Dutch Query Translation
- Book Title
- Cross-Language Information Retrieval and Evaluation
- Book Subtitle
- Workshop of the Cross-Language Evaluation Forum, CLEF 2000 Lisbon, Portugal, September 21–22, 2000 Revised Papers
- Book Part
- Part II.
- pp 230-236
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.