SPEComp: A New Benchmark Suite for Measuring Parallel Computer Performance
- Vishal AslotAffiliated withPurdue University
- , Max DomeikaAffiliated withIntel Corp.
- , Rudolf EigenmannAffiliated withPurdue University
- , Greg GaertnerAffiliated withCompaq Computer Corp.
- , Wesley B. JonesAffiliated withSilicon Graphics Inc.
- , Bodo ParadyAffiliated withSun Microsystems
We present a new benchmark suite for parallel computers. SPEComp targets mid-size parallel servers. It includes a number of science/engineering and data processing applications. Parallelism is expressed in the OpenMP API. The suite includes two data sets, Medium and Large, of approximately 1.6 and 4 GB in size. Our overview also describes the organization developing SPEComp, issues in creating OpenMP parallel benchmarks, the benchmarking methodology underlying SPEComp, and basic performance characteristics.
- SPEComp: A New Benchmark Suite for Measuring Parallel Computer Performance
- Book Title
- OpenMP Shared Memory Parallel Programming
- Book Subtitle
- International Workshop on OpenMP Applications and Tools, WOMPAT 2001 West Lafayette, IN, USA, July 30–31, 2001 Proceedings
- pp 1-10
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 4. School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University
- Author Affiliations
- 5. Purdue University, USA
- 6. Intel Corp., USA
- 7. Compaq Computer Corp., USA
- 8. Silicon Graphics Inc., USA
- 9. Sun Microsystems, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.