Truth/SLC — A Parallel Verification Platform for Concurrent Systems
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Concurrent software and hardware systems play an increasing rôle in today’s applications. Due to the large number of states and to the high degree of non-determinism arising from the dynamic behavior of such systems, testing is generally not sufficient to ensure the correctness of their implementation. Formal specification and verification methods are therefore becoming more and more popular, aiming to give rigorous support for the system design and for establishing its correctness properties, respectively (cf.  for an overview).
- Benedikt Bollig, Martin Leucker, and Michael Weber. Local parallel model checking for the alternation free µ-calculus. Technical Report AIB-04-2001, RWTH Aachen, March 2001.
- E. M. Clarke and J. M. Wing. Formal methods: State of the art and future directions. Technical Report CMU-CS-96-178, Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), September 1996.
- R. Cleaveland. Tableau-based model checking in the propositional mu-calculus. Acta Informatica, 27(8):725–748, 1990. CrossRef
- R. Cleaveland and S. Sims. The NCSU concurrency workbench. In Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Computer Aided Verification (CAV’96), volume 1102 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 394–397, 1996.
- Jean-Charles Grégoire, Gerard J. Holzmann, and Doron A. Peled, editors. The Spin Verification System, volume 32 of DIMACS series. American Mathematical Society, 1997. ISBN 0-8218-0680-7, 203p.
- M. Lange, M. Leucker, T. Noll, and S. Tobies. Truth-a verification platform for concurrent systems. In Tool Support for System Specification, Development, and Verification, Advances in Computing Science. Springer-Verlag Wien New York, 1999.
- M. Leucker. Model checking games for the alternation free mu-calculus and alternating automata. In Harald Ganzinger, David McAllester, and Andrei Voronkov, editors, Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Logic for Programming and Automated Reasoning, volume 1705 of Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, pages 77–91. Springer, 1999.
- Martin Leucker and Thomas Noll. Rewriting logic as a framework for generic verification tools. In Proceedings of the Third International Workshop on Rewriting Logic and its Applications (WRLA’00), volume 36 of Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science. Elsevier, 2000.
- K. L. McMillan. The SMV system, symbolic model checking-an approach. Technical Report CMU-CS-92-131, Carnegie Mellon University, 1992.
- K. L. McMillan. Symbolic Model Checking. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Norwell Massachusetts, 1993.
- José Meseguer. Rewriting logic as a semantic framework for concurrency: a progress report. In Seventh International Conference on Concurrency Theory (CONCUR’ 96), volume 1119 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 331–372. Springer Verlag, August 1996.
- R. Milner. Communication and Concurrency. International Series in Computer Science. Prentice Hall, 1989.
- F. Moller. The Edinburgh Concurrency Workbench (Version 6.1). Department of Computer Science, University of Edinburgh, October 1992.
- Doron Peled. Ten years of partial order reduction. In CAV, Computer Aided Verification, number 1427 in LNCS, pages 17–28, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 1998. Springer. CrossRef
- Perdita Stevens and Colin Stirling. Practical model-checking using games. In B. Steffen, editor, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Tools and algorithms for the construction and analysis of systems (TACAS’ 98), volume 1384 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 85–101, New York, NY, USA, 1998. Springer-Verlag Inc.
- The TRUTH verification tool. http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/Research/MCS/Truth
- Truth/SLC — A Parallel Verification Platform for Concurrent Systems
- Book Title
- Computer Aided Verification
- Book Subtitle
- 13th International Conference, CAV 2001 Paris, France, July 18–22, 2001 Proceedings
- Book Part
- pp 255-259
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 4. Esterel Technologies
- 5. CNRS UMR 8643, ENS de Cachan, LSV
- Author Affiliations
- 6. Lehrstuhl für Informatik II, Aachen University of Technology, Ahornstr. 55, D-52056, Aachen, Germany
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.