Drawing Hypergraphs in the Subset Standard (Short Demo Paper)
We report an experience on a practical system for drawing hypergraphs in the subset standard. The Patate system is based on the application of a classical force directed method to a dynamic graph, which is deduced, at a given iteration time, from the hypergraph structure and particular vertex locations. Different strategies to define the dynamic underlying graph are presented. We illustrate in particular the method when the graph is obtained by computing an Euclidean Steiner tree.
- F. Bertault. A force-directed algorithm that preserves edge-crossing properties. Information Processing Letters, 74(1–2):7–13, 2000. CrossRef
- T. Fruchterman and E. Reingold. Graph drawing by force-directed placement. Software-Practice and Experience, 21(11):1129–1164, 1991. CrossRef
- D. Harel. On visual formalisms. Communications of the ACM, 31(5):514–530, 1988. CrossRef
- D. S. Johnson and H. O. Pollak. Hypergraph planarity and the complexity of drawing venn diagrams. Journal of Graph Theory, 1987.
- R. M. Karp. On the computational complexity of combinatorial problems. Networks, 5:45–68, 1975.
- H. Klemetti, I. Lapinleimu, E. Mäkinen, and M. Sieranta. A programming project: Trimming the spring algorithm for drawing hypergraphs. SIGCSE Bulletin, 27(3):34–38, 1995. CrossRef
- E. Mäkinen. How to draw a hypergraph. International Journal of Computer Mathematics, 1990.
- K. Mehlhorn and S. Naher. LEDA, a Platform for Combinatorial and Geometric Computing. Communications of the ACM, 38(1):96–102, 1995. CrossRef
- John Venn. On the diagrammatic and mechanical representation of propositions and reasonings. The London, Edinburgh, and Dublin Philosophical Magazine and Journal of Science, 9:1–18, 1880.
- P. Winter and M. Zachariasen. Euclidean steiner minimum trees: An improved exact algorithm. Networks, 30:149–166, 1997. CrossRef
- Drawing Hypergraphs in the Subset Standard (Short Demo Paper)
- Book Title
- Graph Drawing
- Book Subtitle
- 8th International Symposium, GD 2000 Colonial Williamsburg, VA, USA, September 20–23, 2000 Proceedings
- pp 164-169
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.