Information Granules for Intelligent Knowledge Structures
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The premise of this paper is that the acquisition, aggregation, merging and use of information requires some new ideas, tools and techniques which can simplify the construction, analysis and use of what we call ephemeral knowledge structures. Ephemeral knowledge structures are used and constructed by granular agents. Each agent contains its own granular information structure and granular information structures of agents can be combined together. The main concept considered in this paper is an information granule. An information granule is a concise conceptual unit that can be integrated into a larger information infrastructure consisting of other information granules and dependencies between them. The novelty of this paper is that it provides a concise and formal definition of a particular view of information granule and its associated operators, as required in advanced knowledge representation applications.
- S. Abiteboul, R. Hull, and V. Vianu. Foundations of Databases. Addison-Wesley Pub. Co., 1996.
- P. Doherty, W. Łukaszewicz, A. Skowron, and A. Szałas. Combining rough and crisp knowledge in deductive databases. In , 2003.
- P. Doherty, W. Łukaszewicz, and A Szałas. Cake: A computer-aided knowledge engineering technique. In F. van Harmelen, editor, Proc. 15th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence, ECAI’2002, pages 220–224, Amsterdam, 2002. IOS Press.
- T.Y. Lin. Granular computing on binary relations i, ii. In , pages 107–140, 1998.
- H.S. Nguyen, A. Skowron, and J. Stepaniuk. Granular computing: A rough set approach. Computational Intelligence, 17:514–544, 2001. CrossRef
- S.K. Pal, L. Polkowski, and A. Skowron, editors. Rough-Neuro Computing: Techniques for Computing with Words. Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 2003.
- L. Polkowski and A. Skowron, editors. Rough Sets in Knowledge Discovery 1: Methodology and Applications, volume 17 of Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing. Physica-Verlag, Heidelberg, 1998.
- Information Granules for Intelligent Knowledge Structures
- Book Title
- Rough Sets, Fuzzy Sets, Data Mining, and Granular Computing
- Book Subtitle
- 9th International Conference, RSFDGrC 2003, Chongqing, China, May 26–29, 2003 Proceedings
- pp 405-412
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Computer Science and Technology, Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications
- 2. Department of Computer Science, Nanchang University
- 3. Department of Computer Science, University of Regina
- 4. Institute of Mathematics, Warsaw University
- Author Affiliations
- 5. Department of Computer Science, University of Linköping, Sweden
- 6. The College of Economics and Computer Science, Olsztyn, Poland
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.