Drawing of Two-Dimensional Irregular Meshes
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We present a method for transforming two-dimensional irregular meshes into square meshes with only a constant blow up in area. We also explore context invariant transformations of irregular meshes into square meshes and provide a lower bound for the transformation of down-staircases.
- G. Di Battista, P. Eades, R. Tamassia, and I. G. Tollis. Algorithms for drawing graphs: an annotated bibliography, June 1994. electronically available at ftp://wilma.cs.brown.edu/pub/papers/compgeo/gdbiblio.ps.gz.
- T. Chan, M. T. Goodrich, S. R. Kosaraju, and R. Tamassia. Optimizing area and aspect ratio in straight-line orthogonal tree drawings. In Proceedings of the Symmposium on Graph Drawing, GD’96, pages 63–75. Springer Verlag, September 1996.
- P. Eades, A. Symvonis, and S. Whitesides. Two algorithms for three dimensional orthogonal graph drawing. In Proceedings of the Symmposium on Graph Drawing, GD’96, pages 139–154. Springer Verlag, September 1996.
- A. Fiat and A. Shamir. Polymorphic arrays: A novel VLSI layout for systolic computers. In 25th Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, pages 37–45, Los Angeles, Ca., USA, October 1984. IEEE Computer Society Press.
- A. Garg, M. T. Goodrich, and R. Tamassia. Planar upward tree drawings with optimal area. International Journal of Computational Geometry and Applications, 6(3):333–356, 1996. CrossRef
- C. E. Leiserson. Area-efficient graph layouts (for VLSI). In 21st Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, pages 270–281, Syracuse, New York, 13–15 October 1980. IEEE.
- A. Papakostas, J. M. Six, and I. G. Tollis. Experimental and theoretical results in interactive orthogonal graph drawing. In Proceedings of the Symmposium on Graph Drawing, GD’96, pages 371–386. Springer Verlag, September 1996.
- A. Papakostas and I. G. Tollis. A pairing technique for area-efficient orthogonal drawings. In Proceedings of the Symmposium on Graph Drawing, GD’96, pages 355–370. Springer Verlag, September 1996.
- J. D. Ullman. Computational Aspects of VLSI. Computer Science Press, Maryland, 1984.
- Drawing of Two-Dimensional Irregular Meshes
- Book Title
- Graph Drawing
- Book Subtitle
- 6th International Symposium, GD’ 98 Montréal, Canada, August 13–15, 1998 Proceedings
- pp 1-14
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 4. School of Computer Science, McGill University
- Author Affiliations
- 5. IBM Research Division; Solutions Research Center, Indian Institute of Technology, Block 1, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, 110016
- 6. Department of Computer Science, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, 21218
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.