Efficient Identity Based Signature Schemes Based on Pairings
- Florian Hess
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We develop an efficient identity based signature scheme based on pairings whose security relies on the hardness of the Diffie-Hellman problem in the random oracle model. We describe how this scheme is obtained as a special version of a more general generic scheme which yields further new provably secure identity based signature schemes if pairings are used. The generic scheme also includes traditional public key signature schemes.We further discuss issues of key escrow and the distribution of keys to multiple trust authorities. The appendix contains a brief description of the relevant properties of supersingular elliptic curves and the Weil and Tate pairings.
- S. Blackburn, S. Blake-Wilson, M. Burmester and S. D. Galbraith. Shared Generation of Shared RSA Keys. University of Waterloo technical report, CORR 98-19 (1998).
- D. Boneh and M. Franklin. Efficient Generation of Shared RSA Keys. In Advances in Cryptology-CRYPTO’ 97, Springer-Verlag LNCS 1294, 425–439, 1997. CrossRef
- D. Boneh and M. Franklin. Identity-based encryption from the Weil pairing. In Advances in Cryptology-CRYPTO 2001, Springer-Verlag LNCS 2139, 213–229, 2001. CrossRef
- D. Boneh, B. Lynn and H. Shacham. Short signatures from the Weil pairing. In Advances in Cryptology-ASIACRYPT 2001, Springer-Verlag LNCS 2248, 514–532, 2001. CrossRef
- J. Cha and J. Cheon. An Identity-Based Signature from Gap Diffie-Hellman Groups IACR preprint server, submission 2002/018, 2002.
- C. Cocks. Split knowledge generation of RSA parameters. In Cryptography and Coding, Springer-Verlag LNCS 1355, 89–95, 1997. CrossRef
- C. Cocks. An identity based encryption scheme based on quadratic residues. In Cryptography and Coding, Springer-Verlag LNCS 2260, 360–363. 2001. CrossRef
- S. D. Galbraith. Supersingular curves in cryptography. In Advances in Cryptology-ASIACRYPT 2001, Springer-Verlag LNCS 2248, 495–513, 2001. CrossRef
- A. Joux. A one round protocol for tripartite Diffie-Hellman. In Algorithmic Number Theory Symposium, ANTS-IV, Springer-Verlag LNCS 1838, 385–394, 2000. CrossRef
- A. J. Menezes, T. Okamoto and S. Vanstone. Reducing elliptic curve logarithms to logarithms in a finite field. IEEE Trans. Info. Th., 39, 1639–1646, 1993. CrossRef
- A. J. Menezes, P. C. Oorschot and S. Vanstone. Handbook of Applied Cryptography. CRC Press, 1996.
- V. Miller. Short programs for functions on curves. Unpublished manuscript, 1986.
- K. Nyberg and R. A. Rueppel. Message recovery for signature schemes based on the discrete logarithm problem. Designs, Codes and Cryptography, 7(1/2), 61–81, 1996. CrossRef
- K. G. Paterson. ID-based signatures from pairings on elliptic curves IACR preprint server, submission 2002/003, 2002.
- D. Pointcheval and J. Stern. Security arguments for digital signatures and blind signatures. Journal of Cryptology, 13, 361–396, 2000. CrossRef
- K. Rubin and A. Silverberg. The best and worst of supersingular abelian varieties in cryptology. IACR preprint server, submission 2002/006, 2002.
- R. Sakai, K. Ohgishi and M. Kasahara. Cryptosystems based on pairing. In SCIS 2000, 2000.
- A. Shamir. Identity-based cryptosystems and signature schemes. In Advances in Cryptology-CRYPTO’ 84, Springer-Verlag LNCS 196, 47–53, 1984.
- J. H. Silverman. The Arithmetic of Elliptic Curves. GTM 106, Springer-Verlag, 1986.
- Efficient Identity Based Signature Schemes Based on Pairings
- Book Title
- Selected Areas in Cryptography
- Book Subtitle
- 9th Annual International Workshop, SAC 2002 St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada, August 15–16, 2002 Revised Papers
- pp 310-324
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Identity based signatures
- Weil pairing
- Tate pairing
- key escrow
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 4. Nokia Research Center, Nokia Group
- 5. Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Florian Hess (6)
- Author Affiliations
- 6. Dept. Computer Science, University of Bristol, Merchant Venturers Building, Woodland Road, BS8 1UB, Bristol
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.