Authentication of Concast Communication
In this paper we tackle the problem of finding an efficient signature verification scheme when the number of signatures is signi.- cantly large and the verifier is relatively weak. In particular, we tackle the problem of message authentication in many-to-one communication networks known as concast communication.
The paper presents three signature screening algorithms for a variant of ElGamal-type digital signatures. The cost for these schemes is n applications of hash functions, 2n modular multiplications, and n modular additions plus the verification of one digital signature, where n is the number of signatures.
The paper also presents a solution to the open problem of finding a fast screening signature for non-RSA digital signature schemes.
- Authentication of Concast Communication
- Book Title
- Progress in Cryptology — INDOCRYPT 2002
- Book Subtitle
- Third International Conference on Cryptology in India Hyderabad, India, December 16–18, 2002 Proceedings
- pp 185-198
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 4. Department of Combinatorics and Optimization, University of Waterloo
- 5. Applied Statistics Unit, Indian Statistical Institute
- Author Affiliations
- 6. Center for Computer Security Research, University of Wollongong, NSW 2522, Wollongong, Australia
- 7. School of Information Technology, James Cook University, NSW 2522, Townsville, Australia
- 8. Department of Computing, Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Sydney, Australia
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.